• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I bet my gunsmith can give it a good old fashioned trigger job. I don't normally buy kits I usually take it to him. Aside from hammer fired or rifles I've never ask him about striker fired. Is it possible for a gunsmith to work over the original parts on striker fired weapons to get a better trigger?
    Yes sir. Glocks for sure can be greatly improved by novices. There are tons of videos available and since the build at home pistols are mostly based on them, there are a lot of helps to "tweak" them.
    Langdon Tactical is the definitive source on anything Beretta 92/M9. A HUGE plus is Ernest is a Veteran Marine. Lol

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    The Regard is hammer-fired, but I'm assuming that, with enough work, anyone can tweak spring loads, pivot points, and sear breaks enough to improve almost anything.
    True. I tried to "tweak" a BHP many years ago…Didn’t turn out well and I got quite a tongue lashing from the gunsmith that fixed it! Haha

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I had an issue from the jump with some Pro-Mag magazines I had purchased to make mag pouches with. They are 30 round mags but they would not activate the slide lock lever that came with the Girsan.
    I went to Numrich parts and bought 2. One was new Beretta and the other was a used Beretta from an unknown source.
    Relatively cheap fix and either would work with the Pro-Mags. I’m not planning on using them except on the range but, the slide stop/release lever will now work with all Beretta magazines too. There is a problem with a lot of Girsan pistols as well as certain Berettas with factory Beretta 17 round magazines.
    Currently waiting on some surplus magazines to try out. We will see how it works with them!

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    I had an issue from the jump with some Pro-Mag magazines I had purchased to make mag pouches with. They are 30 round mags but they would not activate the slide lock lever that came with the Girsan.
    I went to Numrich parts and bought 2. One was new Beretta and the other was a used Beretta from an unknown source.
    Relatively cheap fix and either would work with the Pro-Mags. I’m not planning on using them except on the range but, the slide stop/release lever will now work with all Beretta magazines too. There is a problem with a lot of Girsan pistols as well as certain Berettas with factory Beretta 17 round magazines.
    Currently waiting on some surplus magazines to try out. We will see how it works with them!
    I bought some MecGar 18rd mags and haven't had a problem with them at all, but I also haven't used them nearly as much as the one it shipped with.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I bought some MecGar 18rd mags and haven't had a problem with them at all, but I also haven't used them nearly as much as the one it shipped with.
    The one that came with the Gen 4 is….useless. (Too strong a word) The see through cutout makes it highly impractical to use. The open part of it so you can see the bullets through the grips would be a huge pain in the rump if used in poor environments. There are a LOT of other options, Mecgar being one of the best, in my opinion. Have several of those coming too! Wanted the surplus mags to use to train with and drop on concrete and in the dirt. The surplus Beretta mags are $7-9. ;)

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    The one that came with the Gen 4 is….useless. (Too strong a word) The see through cutout makes it highly impractical to use. The open part of it so you can see the bullets through the grips would be a huge pain in the rump if used in poor environments. There are a LOT of other options, Mecgar being one of the best, in my opinion. Have several of those coming too! Wanted the surplus mags to use to train with and drop on concrete and in the dirt. The surplus Beretta mags are $7-9. ;)
    Nice!! Yeah, I always wondered how that cutout would affect the mags. I only picked up the MecGar because I wanted to get into competitive pistol, and those were the cheapest I found at the time.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Nice!! Yeah, I always wondered how that cutout would affect the mags. I only picked up the MecGar because I wanted to get into competitive pistol, and those were the cheapest I found at the time.
    Haven’t gotten into competition in a long while. In fact, I used a revolver for some of the competition I was in way back when. It was called PPC, Police Pistol Competition and was based around revolvers and the wonder 9 phenomenon. I did use a lot of semi autos too, a 1911, BHP, and even a Glock or two. A lot of fun. When I got this pistol, and after watching Ernest Langdon shoot the Beretta 92, I thought, hmm, maybe I could try competition with this pistol. For sure I am going to run it through my normal carry battery of drills and do my best to master the DA/SA trigger.

Top Bottom