• ...and so much more!
  • chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Take a look at my post above. #16
    So you do have to replace the baseplate to work with the 19x? I’ve always liked the gun, but that’s just a silly problem to have.

I had a 45 with the front cutout and I’ve pinched myself a few times, so I sold it and got a 45 MOS w/o the front cutout.

Yikes, each base plate is $20. That’s the cost of a new mag. LoL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    So you do have to replace the baseplate to work with the 19x? I’ve always liked the gun, but that’s just a silly problem to have.

I had a 45 with the front cutout and I’ve pinched myself a few times, so I sold it and got a 45 MOS w/o the front cutout.

Yikes, each base plate is $20. That’s the cost of a new mag. LoL
    Only have to change the baseplate if it's a Gen 5 magazine. I found that a better alternative than removing the lip on the 19X and more useful.

Wasn't aware the 45 ever had the frame cutout?

App $20 for pack of five.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Oh so it’s only a problem with the gen 5 mags? I didn’t know that.
    Correct.
    And the only difference in gen 3 and gen 4 mags is the gen 4 has notches cut on both sides of the body because the gen 4 mag release is swappable for wrong handed folks. Gen 3 mags won't work in a gen 4 gun IF the mag release has been swapped over to the other side. Otherwise it will work

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Correct.
    And the only difference in gen 3 and gen 4 mags is the gen 4 has notches cut on both sides of the body because the gen 4 mag release is swappable for wrong handed folks. Gen 3 mags won't work in a gen 4 gun IF the mag release has been swapped over to the other side. Otherwise it will work
    Oh yes. I have some 90s Glocks with the missing notch.
    thank you for sharing about the mags. I’ve always stayed away from the 19x even though I’ve heard it was an good Glock.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Only have to change the baseplate if it's a Gen 5 magazine. I found that a better alternative than removing the lip on the 19X and more useful.

Wasn't aware the 45 ever had the frame cutout?

App $20 for pack of five.
    Sorry. I misspoke about the 45 and a cutout. It was my early 17 and 19 g5 that had the cutout. I traded a CZ Scorpion for a 19 and 45 g5 and I wasn’t into them at the time so just sold them, but thought they both had the cutout, and neither did.

1642900375767.jpeg

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Have the 45 and for me personally it is probably one of my favorites.
    I will be honest, when it first came out I thought why would anyone want that, until I held one. Bought one 2 days later. Great shooter, just feels perfect.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Have the 45 and for me personally it is probably one of my favorites.
    I will be honest, when it first came out I thought why would anyone want that, until I held one. Bought one 2 days later. Great shooter, just feels perfect.
    I picked up the G45...it feels great and shoots very well...smooth with only a moderate-felt recoil!
    I was the same way, longer grip + shorter barrel seemed kinda opposite what I normally would have gone for, but it shoots well and feels good in the grip!
    Glock 19X...a buddy of mine has one and he swapped out the base plates for Gen 3 or 4's in black, and they fit nicely into the pistol and the black base plates really off-set the black 'trim' on the G19X and look great too!

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I Picked up the Glock 19X because I just liked it & found one for $519.99, Great price for a Great Pistol + Love the Night Sights
    I kept it in the safe with a tie wrap on the case till Christmas Morning 2021 & my son bought me a couple holsters & extra magazines + a G19X hat that's European Only in Athens Greece G19X 12-25-21.jpg G19X Tan.jpg Phalanx Compact FDE G19X.jpg G19X & SD9 FDE.jpg
    I Found this S&W SD9 FDE for $285 @ Thanksgiving 2021 that started this Tan/Coyote thing, The G19X was sitting right next to it, Went back & put the Glock on Lay-A-Way & got it for Christmas.
    This Month I found another Hk, A P2000sk 40 to keep my other two 40 Hk USP Compacts Company, It can use the ten magazines I have for the Compacts too
    I Might have a Problem
    But hey my 56th Birthday is Tomorrow 1/27

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Here's why I worried about the 19x....I'm kinda a junky for a $19.99 Glock 17 mag from Brownells and Natchezss. So I've stocked up on them over time.

Attachments

• tempImageE8qJbN.png
      tempImageE8qJbN.png
      3 MB · Views: 14

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Here's why I worried about the 19x....I'm kinda a junky for a $19.99 Glock 17 mag from Brownells and Natchezss. So I've stocked up on them over time.
    That's definitely a cause for concern... I'm guessing you're leaning more towards the G-45 model then, huh?
    I've been trying out the Magpul magazines...they seem to function well!

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I have both. I like the front serrations on the 45 and had my 19X milled with serrations after training with the 45. I still haven't taken off the tab on the 19X but I'm tempted just for magazine compatibility. I did find out that the Hyve baseplates will work with both without any modification so I need to decide if I want to change all the baseplates or trim the tab. One is a free option and the other isn't. View attachment 176800
    That is FULL OF PURE SEXINESS!!! Where did you have your slide milled?

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I know they're basically the same pistol, with some miniscule differences, but who has which and what do you like best or least about either of them?
    Which one do you have...19x or 45...or both?
    On the 19x, do you leave the lip at the front of the grip or remove it?
    On the 45, do you like the flared mag-well?
    I have a buddy who has a Glock 45 he wants to get rid of and I'm just kind of getting the 'what is and isn't...' differences nailed down!
    I'm kind of likin' the feel of the full-sized grip on the G-45 vs the compact grip length of the Glock 19 sized pistol.
    It seems like you’re most interested in the grip, but the biggest issue I had with the 19X was the trigger. Now, I know some are thinking “what do you expect, it’s a Glock,” but I carry a G48 and keep a G19 in the nightstand. Glock triggers have never really bothered me (the Gen 4s weren’t my favorite but they were tolerable). The trigger on my 19X, however, was mushy to the point where there was no discernible break. I ended up selling it for that reason alone. I didn’t much care for the lack of grip texturing or the interchangeable back straps either, but that’s neither here nor there.

I don’t have any experience with the G45, but I’ve owned my share of Glocks chambered in 9mm and the sweet spot for me is a Gen 3 G19 with the RTF2 frame.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    It seems like you’re most interested in the grip, but the biggest issue I had with the 19X was the trigger. Now, I know some are thinking “what do you expect, it’s a Glock,” but I carry a G48 and keep a G19 in the nightstand. Glock triggers have never really bothered me (the Gen 4s weren’t my favorite but they were tolerable). The trigger on my 19X, however, was mushy to the point where there was no discernible break. I ended up selling it for that reason alone. I didn’t much care for the lack of grip texturing or the interchangeable back straps either, but that’s neither here nor there.

I don’t have any experience with the G45, but I’ve owned my share of Glocks chambered in 9mm and the sweet spot for me is a Gen 3 G19 with the RTF2 frame.
    The grip and the texturing are important, and I do like feel of the RTF2 grips, but I have smaller-sized hands and the Gen 3 G-17 grip is just a bit too large for me to be comfortable.
    What really got me was the trigger on the G-45, which breaks around 4.5# consistently, but yet has a nice crisp break point to it. I wouldn't have liked it had it been the way you described the break point on the G-19X that you had! On one Glock pistol (a Gen 2 Glock 23, I believe), the trigger was 'mushy' and I actually replaced the trigger mechanism with a new OEM trigger set and ended up with a much better trigger on it...still have that one!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Has anyone heard anything about Glock bringing out a Model 45 in either .40 S&W or .357SIG caliber???
    IMO...that'd be a sweet set-up in .357SIG!

Top Bottom