• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Take a time-out from buying/trading/posting ADD, commit to learning a little more about your firearms before you post “I sold it and made/lost money”. Take two deep breaths, and actually research deeper than price. You will find, there is a crap-ton( that’s a scientific term) of knowledge on INGO about damned near any firearm on Earth, and some off world weapons as well.(Phased plasma rifle). Magazines for Glocks aren’t rocket surgery, GLOCK FACTORY is the correct answer. I own several hundred P-Mags, for the AR platform, but I have now ZERO for the Glock platform because they are nothing better than training mags for my use. I’ve tried now 20, and they do not work. Same with ETS, they do not work!

Slow down, again, take two very deep breaths, and spend the time you spend researching the best price in something more important in the long run, GETTING TO KNOW AND USE WHAT YOU HAVE! Take the money you were going to use on your next two firearm purchases/trades, and get a training class. That will do you more better than 20 positive dollar sales/trades. As always, this is INGO, so, YMMV.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Glock 26 - I use as my back-up carry.
    Pearce Grip PG-39 is a Plus-3 Extension that makes the G26 mags now a 13 round mag. It fits the contour of the 26 better than the others. I haven't had any pinch and I've been shooting it regularly for years. The Glock 26 also makes a great ankle carry depending on what I'm wearing. The extensions have never been a problem for me when concealing no matter where I put them.

Glock 17 is my main carry. For that I use Pearce Grip PG-GP which is also a Plus-3 Extension that makes the G17 mags now a 20 round mag. It fits the contour of the 17 better than the others.

All my spare carry mags are the G17 with PG-GP 20 round mags. These fit both my main edc and back-up gun.

Also-
    I ONLY use the latest Factory Glock Mags and put the Pearce Grip Extensions on myself.

GlocKnuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2018
    Charleston
    He said on the prior post to this:

So Pearce (on a 26 mag) is in the gun with 19 (L) and 17 (R) mags with XGrip sleeves for comparison.
    Topshot l, you've a sharp eye. Apologies, I should have given better descriptions on the pic I posted.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I bought the .25acp ammo from Gary yesterday and warned him to stay away from these:
    https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-Glock-Magazines-s/1823.htm

I agree with Vigilant, Glock Factory mags are best.
    As most of us know the ETS mags do not have a metal lining like Glock Factory mags.
    I think that is where is getting "to stay away from plastic mags" from, I told him to stay away from non metal lined mags.
    I currently own 6 Glocks, and only have Glock Factory mags for them, and they all run without issues.
    Because they are Glocks.

GlocKnuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2018
    Charleston
    I bought the .25acp ammo from Gary yesterday and warned him to stay away from these:
    https://www.etsgroup.us/ETS-Group-Glock-Magazines-s/1823.htm

I agree with Vigilant, Glock Factory mags are best.
    As most of us know the ETS mags do not have a metal lining like Glock Factory mags.
    I think that is where is getting "to stay away from plastic mags" from, I told him to stay away from non metal lined mags.
    I currently own 6 Glocks, and only have Glock Factory mags for them, and they all run without issues.
    Because they are Glocks.

Yeah, OEM are by far the best route. I have zero experience with the clear plastic (ets) mags. CheaperThanDirt.com (or somebody) ran a special on the 33 round clear plastic giggle sticks a few months ago for around $16. I had one all queued up in my online shopping cart, but couldn't make myself pull the trigger. I thought a high cap. mag might be good to load up and toss in the car for a "the poop hit the prop" back-up BUT the more cynical part of me kicked in & said, "do you really want to rely on a Tupperware mag in a situation like that?"
    There are more than a few impulsive purchase ideas that have died that death.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    1. I don't know what all those number references mean. :dunno:...

19 and 17 are Glock gun models. Mags for the G19 hold 15 rounds and mags for the G17 hold 17 rounds. both of them in the photo have X Grip sleeves added to make the more comfortable to use in the Glock 26.

4e8eea8d9472dd12c2c2a4c3fea53b1f.jpg

Generally excepted best practice is to only use Glock OEM mags for self defense, but that aftermarket mags like Magpul and ETS are fine for range use.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, OEM are by far the best route. I have zero experience with the clear plastic (ets) mags. CheaperThanDirt.com (or somebody) ran a special on the 33 round clear plastic giggle sticks a few months ago for around $16. I had one all queued up in my online shopping cart, but couldn't make myself pull the trigger. I thought a high cap. mag might be good to load up and toss in the car for a "the poop hit the prop" back-up BUT the more cynical part of me kicked in & said, "do you really want to rely on a Tupperware mag in a situation like that?"
    There are more than a few impulsive purchase ideas that have died that death.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. I could learn from you. :D
    2. Today I am selling a Ruger Bearcat SS, single-action with engraving on the cylinder simply b/c they came down from the $450 price to $330 and it was SS and a 22LR and a Ruger: I caved b/c of price and I did not need/want another revolver, especially a single action. :dunno: I actually thought they would throw me out when I offered $300. :laugh: (I had a Ruger and didn't care for the single-action aspect of it. It would be OK if that was the only revolver I had, but.................)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    19 and 17 are Glock gun models. Mags for the G19 hold 15 rounds and mags for the G17 hold 17 rounds. both of them in the photo have X Grip sleeves added to make the more comfortable to use in the Glock 26.

View attachment 65422

Generally excepted best practice is to only use Glock OEM mags for self defense, but that aftermarket mags like Magpul and ETS are fine for range use.

1. Thanks gmcttr, I appreciate how patient you are with me: maybe you are the only one here that knows I'm intelligent since we've spent FTF time but just stupid about guns. :runaway:
    2. I don't know why I would need 15 and 17 rounds for the range b/c I don't mind reloading after 5 shots anyway. I suppose that is for those that think they will be in gun battles or want to be prepared for them. I can respect that.
    3. I have to bring the target in so I can see where I'm hitting and make adjustments since I can't see beyond the 15 feet target. :dunno:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The higher capacity mags are fun to use at outdoor ranges for shooting a variety of steel targets and indoor or outdoor if you want to practice drills such as 'two to the chest, one to the head' without reloading as often. Like you, I often load less than a full mag when I'm shooting "bullseye" for accuracy.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    2. I don't know why I would need 15 and 17 rounds for the range b/c I don't mind reloading after 5 shots anyway. I suppose that is for those that think they will be in gun battles or want to be prepared for them. I can respect that.

Spending time reloading on the line is fine when you're on a private range with plenty of time to waste.

When you're paying by the hour why would you want to waste valuable range time reloading mags?

All of my mags are kept loaded at all times. That way if I want to shoot I can just drop them in the range bag and go. Once I get home, mags get loaded up again.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. OK, hopefully my last time for processing before I purchase. I was up to 1:30 am talking on the phone to a guy my age who was a bigger talker than myself (who is buying my Bearcat today), but at least he's not boring like me. He quit school at 16 and joined the Marines and went to Vietnam, and owns 4 timberwolves, as a teaser!
    2. I'm not buying more than the Glock 12 round mags (one Glock and the other Magpul). No 15, 17, 19 or 30 round capacities for me.:laugh:
    3. If I understand: for the stock Glock 10 rnd mag, get a Pearce Extention Grip (PG-39)?
    4. Now, all I'm after is getting my pinky on the grip, not more capacity,
    4. Will the 12 rounder I bought provide the pinky coverage? If so, no need to buy anything to make it bigger.
    5. Does this mean that the 12 rounder has the "large-enough" room for the pinky and no need any other add-on for it, just need for the stock 10 rounder to get pinky coverage?
    6. Someone said that the Pearce Extention Grip PG-39 gives the stock 10 rnd. a 13 capacity, if so, I remember someone saying something different gave you a 12 round capacity?
    7. The Pearce +2 is just for the 17 and 19 mags? (if so, they are of no interest)
    8. the X-Grip adapter turns a stock Glock 26 into ? (as opposed to the Pearce Extention).
    9. I have about 4 questions going on at once, sorry for the confusion.
    10. I want to call Point Blank to see what they have and am going by this pm and I don't want to buy the wrong thing (like I did buying the Nano instead of the Glock 26 :lmfao:).
    Even I don't want to buy 1 week and decide to sell 3 days later; but, I was on vacation and it was cheap fun. :rofl:
    Of course, I would like to keep all three but I'm trying to discipline myself in the 9mm (not so much with the .22LR, but I am selling my Bearcat: improvement! :rockwoot:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just got off the phone with Point Blank.
    They indicated they had the Pearce extension that just provided for the pinky grip w/o and further round capacity (fine for my usage if really allows full pinky coverage).
    Also, they said they had the Pearce extension that gave a person 2 extra rounds for a 12 rounder capacity in the stock Glock 10 rnd mag.
    I have read where it is impossible to get the 12th round in there, though not a big concern for me, it did allow more coverage for your pinky.
    If so, I would pay more for better "ownership"/coverage of the grip with the pinky even though 2 extra rounds not an issue.
    I could maybe do both since I have 3 stock mags!!!
    I like the idea of having multiple options with the mags (like with guns in general).
    For example, I love having the grip options with the 26: 5 total = stock/OEM, medium and large inserts and the same with a large beavertail.

Since capacity isn't my issue, only pinky coverage: what is TRUTH?

Going to the range right after I sell the Bearcat at 2-2:30 pm so get your feedback to me before I make a mistake, ha!
    I forgot to ask about the mags: I'll call back. Update: they say they are out also, like places where I have looked online: everyone is out of Glock 26 mags. :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Spending time reloading on the line is fine when you're on a private range with plenty of time to waste.

When you're paying by the hour why would you want to waste valuable range time reloading mags?

All of my mags are kept loaded at all times. That way if I want to shoot I can just drop them in the range bag and go. Once I get home, mags get loaded up again.

1. That is a very logical point, and therefore I used to load up all mine before going.
    2. But, I pay for a membership ($35/mo.) so range fees are "free" and I have gotten lazy about loading up before I go. ( I hope I don't hurt my "cheap-arse" reputation, but by now perhaps everyone is realizing I just love to talk and it's about the humor which gets lost in print many times).
    3. And, I usually go right after work before others get there or early before the same and for example, the last 5-6 times I've been to the range (been on vacation for 2 weeks) when the Range Master tells me I've got 5 minutes, I tell them, "Do you want me to go back out then back in?" They simply give me another hour. Now that they are getting to know me they just say: "Want another hour?" I actually stayed for 2 hours when I was keeping records with my Shield, Nano and Glock 26 to see which to cut first (hard decision now that I'm selling the Nano (which I enjoy and would love to keep but my money is getting maxed out, only took me less than a year :crying:) will be what to keep between the Shield and Glock?
    In my heart I don't want to quit on my Glock and would keep it for the range at least, but then I'd have to cut the service Beretta 92SF that I ordered and haven't even received yet.
    4. You know you have a problem when you don't just buy and then sell the next week, but talk of having to sell before you even take possession. :rofl:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    https://gunmagwarehouse.com/glock-magazine-gen-4-glock-26-9mm-luger-10-round-polymer-black.html

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/glock-m...r-12-round-w-finger-rest-polymer-black-1.html

Either of the extensions should allow you to get your pinky on the grip. If the +2 extended base plate doesn't come with a longer mag spring, I would get the Glock factory 12 round mag if I wanted the extra capacity.

To remove the stock base plates, it takes a STRONG squeeze on the mag body to release the locking tabs. I use a 3" clamp to make it easy to get the required squeeze.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Went to Point Blank today and got:
    1. a grip extension for the OEM Glock mag/10 rounder just for the pinky "capture" or "purchase." (which has less "purchase/capture" for the pinky than the other one that allows an alleged 2 more rounds (not: only 11 go in), but that's OK b/c it has more area for pinky "purchase/capture."

2. a grip extension for the OEM Glock mag/10 that adds 2 more rounds, but it was impossible to put the 12th round in just like I read, and I was using the ammo feeder that comes with the gun. It would not push down at all like it was made only to squeeze 11 rounds in it.

I left the 11 rounds in the magazine like others suggested to see if it would loosen up the spring any (but at this point I'm a non-believer that the 12th round will ever go in).

I don't really care about the 12th round going in since I just wanted the pinky "purchase," and this extension that added 2 rounds has a better "grip" for the pinky than the other one that is made to give just a pinky extension with no added rounds.
    That seems strange to me.

Since I'm getting a Glock 12 round magazine (and a Magpul also just b/c it was there (Midway)),
    and have no desire to have a bigger magazine capacity.
    I won't have to get the mags for the Glock 17 and 19 and get the X adapter that allows smooth adaptation to the G 26.

I'm young and inexperienced; I could change my mind as I grow. :rockwoot:

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    2. a grip extension for the OEM Glock mag/10 that adds 2 more rounds, but it was impossible to put the 12th round in just like I read
    Was this the Pearce version or Glock's? While tight, I can get the 12th round in by hand (and mine are small) using Glock's parts.

Top Bottom