• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is your friend -
    And not just to get the last couple in there but all the way through.

https://www.amazon.com/Maglula-ltd-UpLULA-Magazine-Unloader/dp/B01MQTZVZY

1. I have one and have for months and really never use it b/c I've not needed to do so with my steel-vise like fingers:rockwoot:, until I started loading 10 rounds instead of 6 or 7 then the pain started in, and then there is the time my finger slipped and I nearly sliced off the side of my thumb (small exaggeration there, but it did hurt and did bleed and did take some skin. :crying:

Was this the Pearce version or Glock's? While tight, I can get the 12th round in by hand (and mine are small) using Glock's parts.

2. Pearce, for both: I would have bought the Glock if Point Blank would have had Glock for the very reason of "perfection" vs. "close/imperfection" and idiots buy the imperfections so Pearce doesn't have to do better. (Yes, I was guilty today, therefore, part of the problem with the idiots. :ugh:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think you're overthinking this.

Agreed... for Glocks, buy OEM mags and try to pay as little over $20 a mag as possible. Buy lots of them, mags are consumables All this talk of extensions, but for me, it's a flush mag in the 26 when carrying it and either a Glock 19 or 17 mag in the pocket.

I do have +2 extensions on the mag that is in the pocket for when I'm carrying a Glock 43 (flush mag in the gun itself) as I don't have the same options I do with the 26.

Seems like a lot of work and extra thinking cycles going on around Glock mags than necessary.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Block 26 extensions

Here's a Pearce +2, a both a G19 & G17 mag each with the appropriate sleeves.
    Part of the reason I bought the G26 as my first handgun is that you can easily dress it up as it's bigger cousins.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I personally like the plus 2 pierce extensions. They follow the same grip texture that is on the gen 4
    Model. They conceal well for IWB carry too

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I’m partial to the factory +2’s. They have always worked, many mags, and many thousands of rounds, and I’ve yet to break one off. I tried a Pearce before, and sprayed boolits everywhere on a reload, the bottom just separated, and sprayed mag guts everywhere. Oh, 12 rounds fit in them too.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Finally got my mags from MidwayUSA:
    Glock 12 round $32) and a
    Magpul 12 round ($15),
    plus $5 shipping.
    I had to wait since they were on backorder (noone had them).

The Magpul 12 round fits the pinky "ok."
    The Glock 12 round fits the pinky "wonderfully."
    But, it doesn't have a "window" that says "12" (like the Magpul), but it does have a "+" on the end of the Glock mag. (which I guess is to indicate it is a 12 round magazine).
    All the Glock mags, 10 or 12 round say: 6558-01

The Pearce extension that just gives the pinky coverage is just as good a feel as the Glock 12 round.
    The Pearce extension that adds 2 rounds doesn't fit the pinky as well as the Pearce extension that doesn't add the 2 rounds.

I now have 5 variations of magazine extensions or lack thereof.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    So, with this 12 round mag in your G26, how tall is it? I'm guessing pretty darn close to 5". Am I right?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Take a time-out from buying/trading/posting ADD, commit to learning a little more about your firearms before you post “I sold it and made/lost money”. Take two deep breaths, and actually research deeper than price. You will find, there is a crap-ton( that’s a scientific term) of knowledge on INGO about damned near any firearm on Earth, and some off world weapons as well.(Phased plasma rifle). Magazines for Glocks aren’t rocket surgery, GLOCK FACTORY is the correct answer. I own several hundred P-Mags, for the AR platform, but I have now ZERO for the Glock platform because they are nothing better than training mags for my use. I’ve tried now 20, and they do not work. Same with ETS, they do not work!

Slow down, again, take two very deep breaths, and spend the time you spend researching the best price in something more important in the long run, GETTING TO KNOW AND USE WHAT YOU HAVE! Take the money you were going to use on your next two firearm purchases/trades, and get a training class. That will do you more better than 20 positive dollar sales/trades. As always, this is INGO, so, YMMV.

I know this is an old post. But what failed on your magpul mags? I have 6 glock 19 magpuls. Ive ran every bit of 3k rounds through them. However. A class I took last summer. They had two different classes. Normal and more advanced. I took the normal which was 2 days I spoke with some guys who stayed all 4 days and it rained the next 2 days and magpul mags were failing left and right when they got dirt in them. For that reason my 6 are strictly range mags. When they break I'll replace them with factory.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I know this is an old post. But what failed on your magpul mags? I have 6 glock 19 magpuls. Ive ran every bit of 3k rounds through them. However. A class I took last summer. They had two different classes. Normal and more advanced. I took the normal which was 2 days I spoke with some guys who stayed all 4 days and it rained the next 2 days and magpul mags were failing left and right when they got dirt in them. For that reason my 6 are strictly range mags. When they break I'll replace them with factory.
    Mostly bullets nose down and stuck, a common problem with early G Pmags and ETS. Magpul replaced them all, and I still had a few problems, so they are relegated to training only. OEM mags can be had for under $20 barring any "scare" so I see no use for a "cheaper" JAGA with the Glock platform. That said, I run G19 OEMs with Arredondo plus 5 extensions for my reloads. I have two 20 round G19 mags with 4K each through them with ZERO malfunctions. Bad thing is, those are $35 on top of the mag,so I only have a handful. But OEM for Glock and you'll never post about problems. Pmags for AR's and AKs are gtg, I own a few hundred AR Pmags most of them still wrapped from MOE to Gen M3 and have never had a problem save some out of spec receivers not allowing them to drop free.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Mostly bullets nose down and stuck, a common problem with early G Pmags and ETS. Magpul replaced them all, and I still had a few problems, so they are relegated to training only. OEM mags can be had for under $20 barring any "scare" so I see no use for a "cheaper" JAGA with the Glock platform. That said, I run G19 OEMs with Arredondo plus 5 extensions for my reloads. I have two 20 round G19 mags with 4K each through them with ZERO malfunctions. Bad thing is, those are $35 on top of the mag,so I only have a handful. But OEM for Glock and you'll never post about problems. Pmags for AR's and AKs are gtg, I own a few hundred AR Pmags most of them still wrapped from MOE to Gen M3 and have never had a problem save some out of spec receivers not allowing them to drop free.

I definitly agree the decreased reliability with Magpul or ETS isn't worth any amount saved. Reliability is key. ETS mags are definitely junk. Before this class I was seeing good things so I bought 6 to try. I won't buy anymore magpuls for glock. AR is different. AK id rather have some surplus comm block magazines. If I'm buying AK magpul they have to be the metal reinforced ones.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Willphill12
    Top Bottom