• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I was just curious if anyone had heard about a release date yet. I've been to Bradis in Camby and asked them and they still aren't sure. They did mention that the G35 were out already though. I'm contemplating just getting the Gen 3, but I'd hate to pull the trigger and have it come out a month later. Let the rumor mill begin.. :draw:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I was just curious if anyone had heard about a release date yet. I've been to Bradis in Camby and asked them and they still aren't sure. They did mention that the G35 were out already though. I'm contemplating just getting the Gen 3, but I'd hate to pull the trigger and have it come out a month later. Let the rumor mill begin.. :draw:

I'll shoot an email to our buddy at Glock this evening.

Last time I asked him about it, he said that they G34 was on it's why in for ATF approval just about the time the G35 was approved and ready to hit the market. So realistically, it should be pretty soon.

I'll be getting one as soon as they hit the stores.

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I'll shoot an email to our buddy at Glock this evening.

Last time I asked him about it, he said that they G34 was on it's why in for ATF approval just about the time the G35 was approved and ready to hit the market. So realistically, it should be pretty soon.

I'll be getting one as soon as they hit the stores.

Great. Thanks for the info. Let me know what he says, wonder what the differences will be between the gen 3 and 4 :dunno:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Having had a G17 and currently have a G23 in Gen 4, the grip is a little better, the texture on the grip is nicer (won't need that grip tape) and I like the bigger mag release.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    wonder what the differences will be between the gen 3 and 4 :dunno:

Reduced tang area -> shorter trigger reach; includes (2) backstrap add-ons
    Gen4 grip texture (more aggressive than 3rd Gen, not as aggressive as RTF2)
    Elongated mag release (can be swapped for lefties)
    Dual captive recoil spring system, good for ~7500 rounds
    3rd magazine included

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    Reduced tang area -> shorter trigger reach; includes (2) backstrap add-ons
    Gen4 grip texture (more aggressive than 3rd Gen, not as aggressive as RTF2)
    Elongated mag release (can be swapped for lefties)
    Dual captive recoil spring system, good for ~7500 rounds
    3rd magazine included

So pretty much the same treatment as the other 9mm Gen 4's. Great info btw. And I cant wait to hear about what the reply that Hickman is hoping to get

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    7500 rounds on the new recoil spring setup? Based on what?
    What was the old set up rated for?

I know some guys with about 80k rounds through glock 19's and one 22, still stock. Just curious where that number came from.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    7500 rounds on the new recoil spring setup? Based on what?
    What was the old set up rated for?

I know some guys with about 80k rounds through glock 19's and one 22, still stock. Just curious where that number came from.

The number comes from Glock. The old (3rd Gen) recoil assemblie have a stated a service life of about 3000 rounds for the .40s, or 5000 rounds for everything else. The Gen4 recoil assemblies do not have an official published life expectancy, but the Glock reps I've spoken with at armorer's classes and elsewhere have recommended about 7500 rounds. That said, one rep said some of the Gen4 test guns went about 30,000 rounds between springs, so :dunno:

The fact that your friends have put really high round counts on their 3rd Gen guns does not surprise me. If you want to be anal about it, replace the recoil assembly at 3 or 5K whether it needs it or not. Otherwise, just shoot the living heck out of your gun and replace the recoil assembly if/when you start having reliability issues.

My :twocents:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The fact that your friends have put really high round counts on their 3rd Gen guns does not surprise me. If you want to be anal about it, replace the recoil assembly at 3 or 5K whether it needs it or not. Otherwise, just shoot the living heck out of your gun and replace the recoil assembly if/when you start having reliability issues.

My :twocents:

Smart Glockers listen to this guy... and for good reason.

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    This is more of a general Gen 4 question but are the gen 4 and gen 3 mags interchangeable? I know the gen 4's have the ambidextrous slide release and so on. Thanks again!

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Quote:

"The Gen 4 G34 will probably be released around the first part of next year"

I want one.

With that being said, is there a similar thread about the Gen 4 G24? Guess what? I want one of those too. Good thing I'm a Glock hater. :):

Top Bottom