• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I hate to bump an old thread but has anyone heard any news yet? Its starting to get ridiculous.. I didn't want to start another thread so I figured I'd bump my own again

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    it's been at ATF for months... how fast do you think they are going to release it under this admin?

Honestly, I think that has very little to do with anything; all the previous Gen4 guns were released "under this administration," so... :dunno:

I think it has more to do with Glock being up to their eyeballs in back-orders for standard Gen3 and Gen4 models, and not having time to worry about bringing new models to market. I mean hell, the Gen4 G35 that Pierce195 bought and showed off here late last year (https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/116738-glock_g35_gen4.html) is the ONLY one I've EVER seen. We (the shop) have 15 different distributors that carry Glock, and we are at the top of the call list for allocated items with many of them due to our sales volume, but we have NEVER been offered a Gen4 G35.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I actually have gotten one, put it thru two matches so far and a few range trips of 100 or so rounda. Worked flawlessly, shot straight and I couldn't be happier! If I had a way to upload pics I would, she is a beauty! :ingo:

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I've got 200 rounds through mine. Slide wont lock back on empty with light load ammo, but other than That has ran well.

Does lock back with +p ammo.

Im glad to see another owner, it's surprises me though. It was unbelievably hard to find a G35 Gen4 and we already have two G34 Gen4 owners on Ingo. Awesome!!

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    I'm really shocked that with Glock's reputation they are going full steam ahead with these Gen 4's. I see one of two things happening. One, they end up releasing updated slide springs (and possibly extractors), or two, they at some point shelf the project and call their revision something else. I'd hate to see them continue to lose LE contracts over this, but it will keep happening if they don't come up with a plan B. I'm left handed and I would LOVE to replace my 19 with a left handed mag drop version, but I'll take reliability over convenience any day.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I'm really shocked that with Glock's reputation they are going full steam ahead with these Gen 4's. I see one of two things happening. One, they end up releasing updated slide springs (and possibly extractors), or two, they at some point shelf the project and call their revision something else. I'd hate to see them continue to lose LE contracts over this, but it will keep happening if they don't come up with a plan B. I'm left handed and I would LOVE to replace my 19 with a left handed mag drop version, but I'll take reliability over convenience any day.

? :dunno: :popcorn:

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    bump for answer! :)

-rvb

Do not hold me to this, but I believe they have continued making Gen3 models this year. One could assume they would do the same for the G34. If not you can always buy a used one. They are pretty much unstoppable :D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Any idea how much longer they will make the Gen 3 34s? Or will it all be Gen 4 from here on out?

A couple of my guys attended a Glock Armorer's class earlier this week, and neither made any mention of the Gen3 models being discontinued. AFAIK, Glock plans to continue producing the Gen3 and Gen4 models side-by-side for the forseeable future.

bigjross2002

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    I know I love my Glock 34... I have had it for over 4 years and it is probably my favorite pistol to shoot. I am hoping of getting the new Gen 4 to use as my duty weapon.

Top Bottom