• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    As it just so happens, Glock makes a semi-compact .380 handgun; they however are only marketed towards police agencies within the U.S. (private ownership by civilans is banned).

I personally think its kinda goofy that due to BATFE points, they are only marketed towards P.D.'s; I think if it were available for personal consumption, that I would put it on my wish list.

How about you?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont care for the .380 caliber, you can find compact 9mm handgun for the same size, with more fire power and 9mm is just cheaper than the .380.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    It is the same size as the very shootable G26 in 9mm.

This.

Why own something in a smaller caliber, that is harder to find and more expensive to buy when you can have the larger caliber in the same package size.

I don't think you could use the recoil argument here either. I own a G26 and the recoil is very tame.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    The only saving grace for the glock .380 is that the recoil spring should be lighter, therefore easier to rack the slide. 99% of us would not have a problem with that, but I have seen small handed and statured females have difficulty racking the slide on a glock 26. I believe the Glock .380 is also a simple blowback design and not the browning tilt like all the other glocks. That alone is why I would like to handle one. I thnk glock could also start making them here in the US and get around the import laws. I think they have upgraded their US facilities to handle that. If they slimmed it down and made it a single stack .380, with it being easier to rack the slide, I think they would have a winner for people who struggle with the bigger guns.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    they however are only marketed towards police agencies within the U.S. (private ownership by civilans is banned).

I don't believe this is the case.

My understanding is that they aren't imported into the U.S. at all because they don't have enough importation "points". Therefore NO ONE here has one, police or otherwise.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    they could make the glock 380 here in the USA and sell them but just not import them, due to the BATF point system nonsense.

Changes and features made to Glocks to comply with the BATF rules:
    - all models are imported with a cheap click-adjustable rear sight that is replaced at the factory with the stock sight
    - target (grooved) trigger added to compacts & subcompacts
    - target grips added to all models (required for the subcompacts)
    - due to their caliber, .380 autos (G25 & G28) do not score enough points to be imported

MiCo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   1
    Sep 1, 2011
    Camby, IN
    Since 380 caliber is one i dont have, i would probably get one. But only if smaller than 26. By smaller i mean thinner.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I never saw one in Europe and I dont know any agency that uses it in Europe.
    Maybe they sale them in countries where citizens cannot own military calibers (like 9mm) like in Italy.
    Unless you are limited to that caliber by law I dont see the point of having a .380.

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    .380 market is pretty much filled. Even know I love glocks i think I would rather have something alot smaller in a 380

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It is marketed to the countries where civilians cannot carry guns of the same caliber as military (9mm) or greater. I believe they are mostly South American. It is the same size as the 26 and 27. No purpose to have one with that being the case. In the USA, only law enforcement can get around the importation laws. I'd rather have a .38spl any day over a .380...yuk.

Top Bottom