• ...and so much more!
  • SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Thanks Yamadog35, I have a pair of the blue handled channellocks and put a wrap of duct tape on the teeth and all went as you described.
    I have small hands and the +1 extension is a perfect fit for me. Thanks again.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    The thing I like about using a clamp or locking pliers is that once you get the pressure applied to the sides of the magazine, both hands will be free to manipulate the tool you are using to depress the button and slide off the baseplate. If your hands are as arthritic as my mother's were, doing close work where you have to apply pressure in different directions can be a challenge.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    mini holster review:
    I've been carrying my 43 for 3 weeks straight in a TT gunleather reinforced IWB holster and it's fantastic. I got it from an awesome INGO'er. 4/5 days a week I have to wear dress pants, shirt and tie, and this holster integrates nicely into my wardrobe (especially brown belt day as my tt gunleather holster is brown leather with loops). The 43 with this holster conceals quite well.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    mini holster review:
    I've been carrying my 43 for 3 weeks straight in a TT gunleather reinforced IWB holster and it's fantastic. I got it from an awesome INGO'er. 4/5 days a week I have to wear dress pants, shirt and tie, and this holster integrates nicely into my wardrobe (especially brown belt day as my tt gunleather holster is brown leather with loops). The 43 with this holster conceals quite well.

:postpics:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    mini holster review:

I believe it is a copy of the Milt Sparks vm2 which I'm sure is an amazing holster in it's own right but I've read rave reviews of this TT gunleather and it was easily obtained by a fellow INGOer so I figured it was worth a shot. I'm not disappointed. not only is this a nice looking holster but it really does conceal easily and carries extremely comfortably. the loops are easy on/off and hold quite well. I can wear it with dress clothes, casual friday or even skip work on a friday and play 18 holes of golf on a warm day with zero issues.
    The Glock 43 paired with this holster is a quality carry setup for myself.

00U0U_f1UBcr39DIl_600x450.jpg

00H0H_tBtYzMMQOY_1200x900.jpg

00u0u_eafjqelTlXt_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

vvk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Indy
    I have glock 43 and I really like it and prefer to glock 26 (which I sold after getting 43). Shoots great for its size with very controllable recoil. 1-2 inch groups at 10 yards

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I "deep cover" carried my G43 at a couple of grad party family get togethers over the past couple days. As a routine, I would ungun for this sort of event. It was never discussed, but I'm guessing a couple of the "gun guys" in the family would have commented, had they made me.

I did have the G19 and rig in the car bag, including a Vangard 2 and clip on single mag holder to quickly throw on in case the road trip became a social event of some sort. ;)

Last edited:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Currently waiting on my used G43 to arrive. I've found a few holsters to test when it arrives.
    I'm feeling it will fit into my rotation of BUG / pocket carry options with a few others.
    More (including pics) once it arrives and I've had some time for testing...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Currently waiting on my used G43 to arrive. I've found a few holsters to test when it arrives.
    I'm feeling it will fit into my rotation of BUG / pocket carry options with a few others.
    More (including pics) once it arrives and I've had some time for testing...

I carry mine (3:00, like all sidearms) in OWB kydex when shooting the Monday steel matches at HHRP. Our mutual friends got quite the chuckle out of the blood drawing palm mag pinch I gave myself at "make ready." With no sympathy, "That's why they make full sized guns." was said. :rolleyes:

I have a LH kydex that I can run farther back, behind the mag carrier, to use the G43 as a BUG. Don't carry a BUG hardly at all, but have to enough to remain familiar in case it would be necessary. The same would apply for a strong hand injury, gotta be prepared to defend with the weak hand BEFORE it might become necessary. Shooting competitions have made my weak hand shooting pretty solid. The weak hand draw is on me to practice though.

My routine G43 carry is in the DeSantis Super Fly. Front pocket of long or short legged sweats, with a loose mag in the other front pocket. The same holster fits the cargo pockets of Duluth pants. I use the removable velcro cover in the cargo pocket to cover printing.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I have a LH kydex that I can run farther back, behind the mag carrier, to use the G43 as a BUG. Don't carry a BUG hardly at all, but have to enough to remain familiar in case it would be necessary. The same would apply for a strong hand injury, gotta be prepared to defend with the weak hand BEFORE it might become necessary. Shooting competitions have made my weak hand shooting pretty solid. The weak hand draw is on me to practice though.

My routine G43 carry is in the DeSantis Super Fly. Front pocket of long or short legged sweats, with a loose mag in the other front pocket. The same holster fits the cargo pockets of Duluth pants. I use the removable velcro cover in the cargo pocket to cover printing.

These two are my initial thoughts / concerns on how, when and where to use the G43. I'm also looking at a few of the +2 internals without changing the factory base plates, strictly for keeping the pkg as compact as possible and still meeting my grip and capacity desires. Wondering if the Duluth were fire hose or standard cargo pants?

Also, I'm wanting to join at a Monday night match. See what kind of hilarity would insue with me using a WC 9mm 1911 and the G43 in the same night... :draw:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    These two are my initial thoughts / concerns on how, when and where to use the G43. I'm also looking at a few of the +2 internals without changing the factory base plates, strictly for keeping the pkg as compact as possible and still meeting my grip and capacity desires. Wondering if the Duluth were fire hose or standard cargo pants?

Also, I'm wanting to join at a Monday night match. See what kind of hilarity would insue with me using a WC 9mm 1911 and the G43 in the same night... :draw:

Fire hose, of course.

I run Taran Tactical +2's (would like to have some +3's :rolleyes:) for the match and for spares. A TT +1 in the gun for carry.

Capacity is a major concern with my current carry mentality. Even the odd times deep carrying the G43, I don't want to be far from a G19. A big part of the change from 1911's was to NOT have to reload after 8-9 rounds.

FYI - I ran a G19 airsoft gun for four hours in a class. After lunch, we went to the live fire range with our carry guns. That was the only time I ever forgot the 1911 thumb safety. The instructor and a lot of the students piled onto the "safety will get you killed" bandwagon. Embarrassing...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Carry mine iwb either at 3 like normal or on occasion I have tried AIWB out. Pocket carry isn't for me so I am ok with iwb, my JM custom kydex holster works great and my 43 is very shootable.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I took mine out to the range today and put a 500 round case of wolf through it and a few HSTs (probably 550-560 total today and 900 through the gun since purchased). Boy is it snappy after about an hour my sweaty hands were having a hard time holding it. I had one ftf with the wolf and that is the only malfunction. I am really loving this gun and so is my back and hips. I've been carrying in a bianchi iwb and a blackhawk serpa despite my hatred for the serpa. I plan on using it as a backup gun once i qualify with it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I run Taran Tactical +2's (would like to have some +3's :rolleyes:) for the match and for spares. A TT +1 in the gun for carry...

Just discovered ETS makes a 9 round mag for the G43. Got 5 on the way from Optics Planet - $18ish per. Plan on running them for competition, but may well migrate a couple more of them to carry mags after determining 100% reliability.

Or maybe the ETS 12 rounder for carry mags? :dunno: Just about as simple to carry as backup mags, don't make sense as the first mag in the gun.

The end plate/mag extension gave me the bloody pinch a while back. End plate seems far away from the gun on the longer ETS mags. Maybe no pinch danger with them?

Also, just dropped in an OC Custom Triggers trigger stop into the G43. Seems to feel good, match testing will wring it out as far reliability and adjustment.

Last edited:

219Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2014
    NWI
    I love mine. I've never shot a shield, but the 43 felt much better in my hand. Plus, I've owned other glocks. I'd like to hear more about holsters everyone is using for iwb.

Top Bottom