• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Have been carrying a 43X for several months now.

Not a fan of pocket carry, but I use a Kenai Chest Rig from Gunfighter (when rucking) or a belt line BladeTech when out and about in my fair city.

So I didn't know what this was. Then I looked it up. Seriously, for a 43X? I could see it for something like a GP100 or Super Red hawk. Seems over kill for a 43X but I do like BladeTech stuff

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    I'm looking at getting a Glock 43 as a summer time take to work / cargo shorts front pocket EDC. I was carrying a 26 for a long time but new job makes for carrying it concealed less easy. As a mechanic I could just were a Dickies over shirt and no one would know but no longer in that field. Now I work maintenance at a local apartment complex and we have some questionable people that come around and I don't like being disarmed.

I've pretty much settled on the 43 I'm just looking for some real world experience with them. Anyone used the MagGuts +1/+2 adapters with them? Any info is greatly appreciated thanks.

What’s wrong with an American Made Lc9s
    ?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    You asked, I carry a Glock too, a Glock-27.
    Ten or Eleven rounds of 180 gr .40 goodness (IMHO) for me, is better than a Six or Seven shot 9mm.
    Why downsize?
    :(:ingo:

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    What’s wrong with an American Made Lc9s
    ?

Three words
    Magazine disconnect safety

Now an LC9s Pro would be ok. If I can find one. But they don't seem to be as readily available as the 43 or standard LC9s. I actually had an original LC9 for a while, it was a good pistol but I hated the trigger and it was slightly to big to pocket carry. The G43 is shaped a little differently and I'm thinking it will pocket a little better. To be clear I don't plan on pocket carry often or while at work. I want something I can throw in my pocket when my wife and I go on walks. My old LCR was perfect but I let a friend talk me out of it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    You asked, I carry a Glock too, a Glock-27.
    Ten or Eleven rounds of 180 gr .40 goodness (IMHO) for me, is better than a Six or Seven shot 9mm.
    Why downsize?
    :(:ingo:

I used to be big on .40. Then realized that I shoot more accurate and consistent with 9mm in about any sized framed handgun. Now I don't even own a .40. Glock 19 or 26 has been my beat around carry gun for years as well. If I feel fancy I'll break out the Kahr K9 or a CZ or 1911 as the mood strikes.

As to why down size it's all about concealment. I don't particularly want anyone to know I'm carrying except the people who will know I'm carrying. I sometimes have to leave my truck on site and I don't leave my tools sitting in the bed for the same reason. Sometimes you just don't want certain people to know what you might have

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    43 is a nice companion. I use a Sticky holster and it disappears under a t shirt.

Little harder to hang onto while shooting. I found 124 grn to have a softer recoil impulse. Accuracy right up there with my model 19.

As far as pocket carry it's big for that although I've done it. If you're looking for a pocket pistol it's not it.

Overall a nice pistol you can count on and hide well. Nice after market for sights, holsters, extended mags....

Bad area I'd hide a 19 as best I could and keep the 43 around for deep concealment times. Never let anyone know or see.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So I didn't know what this was. Then I looked it up. Seriously, for a 43X? I could see it for something like a GP100 or Super Red hawk. Seems over kill for a 43X but I do like BladeTech stuff

With my ruck one of my .44 Smiths or Rugers is less than optimal. It sits well between the shoulder straps and the connecting strap.

PinoyJedi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Indianapolis NWside
    Makes sense.

Anyone know a range that has a 43 and a Sig 365 to rent?

Shoot Point Blank in Carmel has both available to rent.

The 43 has been my EDC for a year now, added Hyve extension to the mag and carry it in an alien gear holster. I just picked up a P365 yesterday and have a holster on order. I will say I like the ergos of the sig, fits my hand very well and of course the larger capacity.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Glock 43/43x/48 and the P365/365xl are the current go to small 9mm. Both good solid choices. Glock guys say Glock, all others say 365.

both are a little big for pocket carry. For years I looked for a pocket carry alternative to the venerable J Frame revolver. Still not sure there is anything better. But since giving my S&W642 to my father I had to find an alternative. Not a pocket carry fan either. Occasionally a person just needs a smaller gun. I went with what I had laying around and that is a Glock 42. Yes it is yucky .380, but it is big enough to handle the 99 grain Federal HST with no problems. And the gun does have real sights and is shootable.

I am a big Glock 26 fan. Not may of us left. What I love about Glock is the choice in size. For example I can have my G42, G26, G17. Or another person could have their G43, G19, G34. See where I am going with this?

Someone asked about the Ruger LC9s. Simple answer is I do not recommend. Wobbly trigger that I have seen break. Mag release that I have seen break. Little aftermarket support. Small sights. Bad styling. Not enough price difference to Garner my attention. Oh, and the Glock 43 is made in the USA.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I love both my Glock 43 and 365 and carry both while at work in a front pocket holster with no problem. That is with dress slacks that front pockets are fairly big. After work generally Glock 26 or 365XL.psyko

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Wow...I just picked one of these little Glock 43's up from a guy who bought it NIB, but never fired it!
    Took it to the range and it's a sweet little shooter...way more accurate than I expected it to be.
    I installed an Ameriglo Tritium Front Sight with orange ring and Hackathorne rear sight...great sight picture, day or night!
    The Glock platform is something I'm comfortable with and I'm familiar with the inter-workings of the Glock pistols.
    I'm not generally a big 9mm fan...but the pistol itself makes the round nice to shoot and it makes for a simple pocket-sized pistol.
    I added Pierce +1 Pinky Extensions and in my smaller-sized hands...it's a nice fit-n-feel...and the sights line-up naturally!
    Nice little pistol, this Glock 43 in 9mm...

Last edited:

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I've been carrying a G43 since they first came out. I carry it in my front pocket with a Stcky holster. It has Pearce +1 mag grips, night sights, Hogue slip on grip, a TLR6 mounted on it, carrying Gold Dot 124 gr. +P. Sticky also makes a nice extra mag carrier. My 43 is very accurate, reliable, and easy to shoot and carry.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    How does the Hogue slip on effect the way it sits in the pocket? I am between that and the Talon grip tape. I think the Talon are slightly thinner

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    How does the Hogue slip on effect the way it sits in the pocket? I am between that and the Talon grip tape. I think the Talon are slightly thinner

Can't speak for the Hogue, but talon grip tapes don't add any discernible thickness at all, as you can see here: sgkv9w1.jpg

Only intended to give a better grip texture than the slick polymer. The texture will wear in over time, becoming less grippy but still better than stock glock polymer IMO.

Top Bottom