• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolan1984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2020
    NEW CASTLE
    I'm done with guns that won't fit my pinky. The 43x doesn't add enough grip length to really attract concealment. It's easier to shoot, and significantly increases the magazine capacity.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I am really liking my new Glock 45. Feels great in the hand, and not difficult to conceal.

I also ran my G43 this weekend. I’m starting to shoot pretty decent with this little guy.

DC1711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 9, 2018
    Auburn
    Sold my 43 and bought a 43X, now since the S15 mag from Shield has hit the market the 43X is my primary EDC. Love how it feels and the added rounds are nice to have.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Short slide, long grip handguns have never made sense to me. Yet, many makers have come out with such models (and continue to do so), often called the “carry” version. If one is going to have a long grip, one might as well have a G48.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Short slide, long grip handguns have never made sense to me. Yet, many makers have come out with such models (and continue to do so), often called the “carry” version. If one is going to have a long grip, one might as well have a G48.

I think it's all these skinny folks and their appendix carry. :)

But I agree with you. I've got a 48, and no desire whatsoever for a 43x. It does seem to me that the 43x sells faster than the 48 in gun shops, despite the fact that Glockbois harangued Glock for a "single stack 19" for years, then kind of ignore it when it finally arrives in the G48.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I think it's all these skinny folks and their appendix carry. :)

But I agree with you. I've got a 48, and no desire whatsoever for a 43x. It does seem to me that the 43x sells faster than the 48 in gun shops, despite the fact that Glockbois harangued Glock for a "single stack 19" for years, then kind of ignore it when it finally arrives in the G48.

I like my 48. I figured if there was some big reason to like the 43X better, I could swap slides with my.43. I haven't felt the need.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Like JD my 43 is in my front Blue jeans pocket, today’s Chiefs special. I too have a 43x, funny but the longer grip pinched my hand where the frame and magazine fit in my hand.
    Very nice pistol, just not for me.

4x4strongman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 16, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I prefer my 43, like others I have Taran Tactical extensions on all my mags. I have held a 43x but haven't shot one, reviews vs the 43 in my experience have been that the 43x is grittier in the aciton

Mcooke914

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2020
    Marion
    I just ordered a 43x frame awhile back and swapped my slide over. When needed I can swap over to my 43 if I feel the need to conceal a little more.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    This... I originally planned on getting the 48 because I like a 4" barrel, but I shot both side to side and I shot the 43x a little better (5 shot groups, fast fire).

I'm done with guns that won't fit my pinky. The 43x doesn't add enough grip length to really attract concealment. It's easier to shoot, and significantly increases the magazine capacity.

Top Bottom