• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    2900 rounds on the Glock 44 now.
    Haven't been shooting the 44 much since I discovered optics on handguns. :rockwoot:
    Since the outdoor range in April, I've mostly been trying to learn to shoot rifles.

My original 7 brands of ammo that had no issues still holds & I don't use the brands that had issues.
    I still enjoy shooting it.
    I did stumble across a Sig 226-22 Classic that reminds me alot of the Glock 44.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I stepped in something my dog left out in the yard and what was on my shoe reminded me of the g44

if you’re one that just has to have glock written in the side go for it but please do note there are tons of better 22 options in polymer.

2900 rounds on the Glock 44 now.
    Haven't been shooting the 44 much since I discovered optics on handguns. :rockwoot:
    Since the outdoor range in April, I've mostly been trying to learn to shoot rifles.

My original 7 brands of ammo that had no issues still holds & I don't use the brands that had issues.
    I still enjoy shooting it.
    I did stumble across a Sig 226-22 Classic that reminds me alot of the Glock 44.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I picked up my new 44 yesterday from Keislers down in Clarksville. brought it home and shot it 100 trouble free rounds it's fun! just fine
    Kiesler's was a good shop. It hasn't been owned by them for many years. I guess you are referring to what is now called Kentuckiana which is not associated with the Kiesler family.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I stepped in something my dog left out in the yard and what was on my shoe reminded me of the g44

if you’re one that just has to have glock written in the side go for it but please do note there are tons of better 22 options in polymer.

I've owned 9 CZs (11 counting rifles), so I'd rather have a dedicated .22LR from CZ. :laugh:
    I've had dozens of Rugers & S/W.
    Therefore, I have no dog in the fight for the Glock brand, only having had 5 Glocks, but I do respect that they make good reliable guns.

I'm an open-opportunity .22LR owner: almost never met one that I wouldn't buy to try out, polymer or not.
    Most polymer .22LR don't make the cut compared to the metal frames.
    The metal frames being my favorite to hold in the hand.
    The heavier-the-better is my mantra, but I do love shooting the Glock 44: go figure. :dunno:
    I even spent time shooting your Taurus TX, and it did have a better trigger & was more accurate than the 44 for me.
    And yet, I don't rush out & buy the Taurus TX: go figure.
    Ask yourself: what do I know that you don't? :lmfao:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I think what you know thst I don’t is you secretly have a tx22 and a keltec p17 that you shoot without telling me and are afraid to admit they are both far superior when compared to the Glock 44. In a hierarchy of 22 pistols the 44 sits squarely between a Phoenix arms and sig mosquito

I've owned 9 CZs (11 counting rifles), so I'd rather have a dedicated .22LR from CZ. :laugh:
    I've had dozens of Rugers & S/W.
    Therefore, I have no dog in the fight for the Glock brand, only having had 5 Glocks, but I do respect that they make good reliable guns.

I'm an open-opportunity .22LR owner: almost never met one that I wouldn't buy to try out, polymer or not.
    Most polymer .22LR don't make the cut compared to the metal frames.
    The metal frames being my favorite to hold in the hand.
    The heavier-the-better is my mantra, but I do love shooting the Glock 44: go figure. :dunno:
    I even spent time shooting your Taurus TX, and it did have a better trigger & was more accurate than the 44 for me.
    And yet, I don't rush out & buy the Taurus TX: go figure.
    Ask yourself: what do I know that you don't? :lmfao:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think what you know thst I don’t is you secretly have a tx22 and a keltec p17 that you shoot without telling me and are afraid to admit they are both far superior when compared to the Glock 44. In a hierarchy of 22 pistols the 44 sits squarely between a Phoenix arms and sig mosquito 
    If I didn't already have a S&W M&P 22 Compact, I'd be in the market for the Taurus!

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    the mp compact is solid and was my favorite polymer 22 until I got the tx22. From then the mp went from favorite plinker to being left out of range trips to being sold

If I didn't already have a S&W M&P 22 Compact, I'd be in the market for the Taurus!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I think what you know thst I don’t is you secretly have a tx22 and a keltec p17 that you shoot without telling me and are afraid to admit they are both far superior when compared to the Glock 44. In a hierarchy of 22 pistols the 44 sits squarely between a Phoenix arms and sig mosquito 

I've never held or shot a G44 but I bet NONE of their barrels lead up so badly that they have to be replaced as with the TX-22. With that said, I own a TX-22 and with the second barrel it is a fun gun to shoot. The original barrel leaded up so badly in 150 rounds that much of the rifling was hidden. Even the second barrel's rifling is rough enough that I feel like I have to keep an eye out for leading but haven't had a problem yet.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I don't own a G44, but have put 300 rounds through a rental at the range. It is definitely more fun to shoot than the Ruger LCP in .22lr. It just goes bang every time and you can hit what you aim at. It is a fun gun. I know a shooter that shoots Grand Master scores with a stock G44 with sights in Steel Challenge, so they can be dependable. It's just too expensive for what it is.

I own a Taurus TX22 and will admit that I think that the G44 is a better gun. In addition to cost, the G44 did not suit what I needed in a .22 semi-auto.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

the mp compact is solid and was my favorite polymer 22 until I got the tx22. From then the mp went from favorite plinker to being left out of range trips to being sold

I'm weighing whether I keep my M&P Compact 22 as well. Not that it is really lacking just whether I want to keep it, now that I have the TX22 as well. I also have an AA kit that fits a Glock 19, so debating on what will be kept vs what will not.

I own a Taurus TX22 and will admit that I think that the G44 is a better gun.

I don't currently own a G44 either, but I'm curious if there is something besides the leading issues that make you state this?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    . . .

I don't currently own a G44 either, but I'm curious if there is something besides the leading issues that make you state this?

The barrel issue is main reason and the fact that they are still sending out barrels that shouldn't be leaving the factory (poor quality control). The Glock feels like it is built better. In my testing of one sample each the Glock is more accurate. Check out this video of the TX22 slide disassembly. I have taken TX22 apart and the plastic block that the firing pin is in is so flimsy I am surprised it works. Here is a disassembly video for the G44. Looks more robust to me. I haven't been able to take one apart myself.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The barrel issue is main reason and the fact that they are still sending out barrels that shouldn't be leaving the factory (poor quality control). The Glock feels like it is built better. In my testing of one sample each the Glock is more accurate. Check out this video of the TX22 slide disassembly. I have taken TX22 apart and the plastic block that the firing pin is in is so flimsy I am surprised it works. Here is a disassembly video for the G44. Looks more robust to me. I haven't been able to take one apart myself.
    I've tried Glocks and sold mine. That being said, a lot of people really like them, so they are ok guns. I think the big thing that bugs me about the G 44 is that it doesn't come with a threaded barrel. These days, and at its price point, the threaded barrel should come standard.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Thanks, I'll check out the videos. I was hesitant to buy a TX22 to be honest due to it being a Taurus (I only have 1 other Taurus and I purchased it in the very early 90's), but not based on build quality, but on it's performance so far, I am quite liking it.

I was going to be looking for a slide disassembly video for the TX22 soon so appreciate that, I'll check it out.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I think what you know that I don’t is you secretly have a tx22 and a keltec p17 that you shoot without telling me and are afraid to admit they are both far superior when compared to the Glock 44. In a hierarchy of 22 pistols the 44 sits squarely between a Phoenix arms and sig mosquito 

I have no dog in the fight when it comes to brands & have tried nearly everything & my range pics tell me what to chase after.
    I'm an average shooter whose best days are decades behind me with these eyes, but the range pics give me reality feedback on gun brands.

I know you have a penchant for finding & enjoying price-friendly & fun .22LR handguns.
    I started out with that vision but worked my way up the ladder of .22LR handguns as new offerings outshot the old.

Since I love to do research, there are some I've never bought like the Sig Mosquito or even the Ruger SR22 or some I sold immediately like the Walther P22 that I tried twice but still wonder why. :dunno:

I had the same good experience with the MP Compact & it was a solid step up at that point in my journey.
    It was my favorite .22LR for longer than most, but when I was willing to spend a little more for the Rugers, Brownings & other SW models I had to let it go b/c the Compact couldn't keep up.
    The Glock 44 reminds me of the SW MP Compact, as does the Sig 226-22 Classic that I just picked up recently & like it b/c it has a hammer.

Joegrz308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2015
    Lake County
    I picked up my new Glock 44 yesterday and put about 400 rounds through it today without any issue. I had a mix of bullets including the Federal value pack which many have had problems with. As my Glock 19 is my EDC, it is a perfect way to increase my range time. Quite happy with my purchase. :ar15:

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    I was fortunate to meet a new friend at the range yesterday. As I was moving to the pistol area for a little 9mm trigger time he mentioned that he had a G44 in his bag and asked if I wanted to shoot it. I immediately said yes and let him know that I had my TX22 too. We had a good long range session shooting each. I liked the G44 and it shot as well as my TX22. The Taurus trigger has the edge but both are a blast to shoot. I had three FTF on the Taurus which was always on the second round in the mag. It was a newer mag and I think I was rushed in loading it for us. These were the 3rd thru 5th malfunctions I have had with this gun in a month of shooting. A bit embarrassing but I was using some ammo that was also not shooting well out of my bolt rifle. These days just using up the junk for some trigger time.

Top Bottom