• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    They've been out for a few days. What took you so long? :):

:laugh: I don't generally buy new, but since I've sold off so many of my .22LRs, I felt entitled. :)
    And, being a Glock, I figured they weren't going to pummel in price after a few months.
    The gun is light. I love the magazines with the "thumb" helper, although I usually just use my fingernail over a little "circle" to assist in pulling down the follower.
    Sights are fine with the white on the rear & white dot in the middle, although it's all fuzzy to me.
    I wish the "fit" of the front dot "inside" the white "U" in the rear sights was "tighter" though: not precise enough for me, but that just could be my tri-focaled eyeglasses.

I used CCI Standard Velocity (1272 FPS) only b/c I was pressed for time (finished bath remodel & we were going to celebrate with movie & eating out).
    I can't wait to see if there is another ammo that does any better or as good.
    Any shooting off to the left or right has more to do with my eyes than the sights since I was here & there in shot placement.
    I really didn't have any disappointments with the 44, I just think it probably shots better than what I can.
    I have at least 1 other & maybe 2 other .22LRs that I've picked up since I sold most everything to be plinkers to be used in "rotation" (play with until something else comes along & both guns I've had in the past), and I'll use the Glock 44 to take their place.
    Long term? Time will tell, but having a .22LR that is totally reliable and not have to be cleaned so much is a plus.
    Needless to say, there were no issues in the 130 rounds I put through it today.
    I was a bad boy and took it directly to the range w/o cleaning & oiling.
    It didn't look oiled up much at all.
    I'll do so before my next visit.
    Trigger pull seemed "normal" to me: much like everything else stock: it would be fun to have it lighter, which I've done to 1 pistol & 1 rifle.

Everything in box except the 2nd mag: left it on the front seat of the car (thought when in range they had shorted me by accident :ugh:.
    This had the original backplate on it.
    OQvQGSF.jpg

I put the large backplate on it with the beavertail.
    OXXEVGN.jpg

Close up of right side.
    k7xtt1c.jpg

First 5 targets: rounds 01 - 50.
    Labelled for distance & free hand or on a Rest.
    i56Saev.jpg

Head & torso labelled, but forgot to put distance down for the bottom 6 targets.
    Left side: 15'
    Middle: 21'
    Right side: 30'
    XFsxwyj.jpg

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    :laugh: I don't generally buy new, but since I've sold off so many of my .22LRs, I felt entitled. :)
    And, being a Glock, I figured they weren't going to pummel in price after a few months.
    The gun is light. I love the magazines with the "thumb" helper, although I usually just use my fingernail over a little "circle" to assist in pulling down the follower.
    Sights are fine with the white on the rear & white dot in the middle, although it's all fuzzy to me.
    I wish the "fit" of the front dot "inside" the white "U" in the rear sights was "tighter" though: not precise enough for me, but that just could be my tri-focaled eyeglasses.

I used CCI Standard Velocity (1272 FPS) only b/c I was pressed for time (finished bath remodel & we were going to celebrate with movie & eating out).
    I can't wait to see if there is another ammo that does any better or as good.
    Any shooting off to the left or right has more to do with my eyes than the sights since I was here & there in shot placement.
    I really didn't have any disappointments with the 44, I just think it probably shots better than what I can.
    I have at least 1 other & maybe 2 other .22LRs that I've picked up since I sold most everything to be plinkers to be used in "rotation" (play with until something else comes along & both guns I've had in the past), and I'll use the Glock 44 to take their place.
    Long term? Time will tell, but having a .22LR that is totally reliable and not have to be cleaned so much is a plus.
    Needless to say, there were no issues in the 130 rounds I put through it today.
    I was a bad boy and took it directly to the range w/o cleaning & oiling.
    It didn't look oiled up much at all.
    I'll do so before my next visit.
    Trigger pull seemed "normal" to me: much like everything else stock: it would be fun to have it lighter, which I've done to 1 pistol & 1 rifle.

Everything in box except the 2nd mag: left it on the front seat of the car (thought when in range they had shorted me by accident :ugh:.
    This had the original backplate on it.
    OQvQGSF.jpg

I put the large backplate on it with the beavertail.
    OXXEVGN.jpg

Close up of right side.
    k7xtt1c.jpg

First 5 targets: rounds 01 - 50.
    Labelled for distance & free hand or on a Rest.
    i56Saev.jpg

Head & torso labelled, but forgot to put distance down for the bottom 6 targets.
    Left side: 15'
    Middle: 21'
    Right side: 30'
    XFsxwyj.jpg

That's some good shooting with a gun that's not really a target type gun etc.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Read my email again:
    At Point Blank in Greenwood the $359 sale for the Glock 44 was today (Wed. 01.22) & tomorrow (Thurs. 01.23).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That's some good shooting with a gun that's not really a target type gun etc.

As you say, it's not as good as my best target pistols: SW 41 & Ruger Mark 3 with Volquartsen barrel & trigger (which are neck & neck).
    I haven't checked my old targets to see if it is shooting like the SW Victory, Ruger Mark 4, or Browning Buckmark or like the ones below that level like the SW Compact MP & others.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    If I was in the market for a 22 auto loader, I’d probably buy one of the newer Ruger target pistols. They have a long history of making 22’s and just plain look cool!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If I was in the market for a 22 auto loader, I’d probably buy one of the newer Ruger target pistols. They have a long history of making 22’s and just plain look cool!

I enjoy my Rugers, but they aren’t really aimed at the same crowd that will pick the G44. Both have a place in the safe.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The Ruger has a place in your safe, the G44 has a place in your holster. :twocents:

Eh, that depends on what your intending to do. The G44 isn’t going to outshoot either of my Rugers for accuracy. The G44 will be a much better suppressor host though.

Funny enough, none of them would be holstered with my intended uses. The G44 will pretty much always live with the can on it (once I buy the 44) and I don’t own a holster for my Rugers.

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County

I have a MarkIV tactical. Love it. Still haven’t gotten to shoot the 44. Hoping today if the weather holds off.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Eh, that depends on what your intending to do. The G44 isn’t going to outshoot either of my Rugers for accuracy. The G44 will be a much better suppressor host though.

Funny enough, none of them would be holstered with my intended uses. The G44 will pretty much always live with the can on it (once I buy the 44) and I don’t own a holster for my Rugers.

The point I was trying to make is that most folks already have a holster on their belt or lying around for their G19/G44, while they will never have one for their Ruger .22's.

Last edited:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The point I was trying to make is that most folks already have a holster on their belt or lying around for their G19/G44, while they will never have one for their Ruger .22's.

My point was that they are, typically, different target audiences.

The G44 is more in line with the other trainer style 22s than it is with the target style Ruger Mks.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I rented a Glock 44 today at my local range/shop. I used older Winchester ammo and it worked fine. Accuracy was not as good as my Ruger Mark 2; albeit, it was still a fun handgun to shoot. I would like to add one to the stable later this year

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    No gain today at 21' compared to yesterday. Glock 44 only in the middle target.
    I was really hacked at not getting all 10 rounds in the red with those 1st two rounds outside left of the red.
    I even tried adjusting the sights a tad, but I was busy getting the other 2 guns sighted in since I was going to sell one of them after buying the Glock 44.
    I knew the Beretta Neos (a plinker I picked up before the Ruger Mark 3) was the weak link, but I had to confirm it.
    3l3sVUl.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Thought I was gonna buy one on Monday. Actually handled it and couldn’t do it. Felt extremely cheap and the ten rounds hurts it for me. My 175 dollar tx22 feels much better in hand and trigger and holds 16. Had every intention to get one but wasnt happy with it at all once i had it in my hand.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Are you done with our new gun yet?

I think I have an extra set of Ameriglo Hackathorn's waiting around for the gun to come this way. :):

Seriously, that is good shooting. Especially for a gent that doesn't shoot a Glock routinely.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Are you done with our new gun yet?
    I think I have an extra set of Ameriglo Hackathorn's waiting around for the gun to come this way. :):
    Seriously, that is good shooting. Especially for a gent that doesn't shoot a Glock routinely.

Funniest post I've read today, especially since it has previous layers to it. :laugh:
    Good humor tracks linearly then loops back again: well done. :thumbsup:

I would have felt better about the Glock target if it was at 30'. :dunno:
    I didn't have time to shoot at 30' today & didn't want the discouragement of the reality check of the 45' even if I did have time for more shooting. :ugh:
    I shot a few mags of everything on a used target just warming up and dialing in the rear sights a little since all of these pistols recent acquisitions.

The recent Glock 17 I picked up here from a member that I have only shot a couple of times & this 44 will be fun to shoot together.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Are you done with our new gun yet? I think I have an extra set of Ameriglo Hackathorn's waiting around for the gun to come this way. :):Seriously, that is good shooting. Especially for a gent that doesn't shoot a Glock routinely.
    Glock rep filled the guys in at the local shop. They were not recommending people replace the rear sight. The slide is polymer and driving the old sight out and replacing with metal might not be the best choice. Also there is a little plate on top of the slide, do not remove that cover. The front sight however is fair game for replacement. Hypothetically if I were to buy a Glock 44 a hi viz fiber optic would get rung up as part of the transaction.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Glock rep filled the guys in at the local shop. They were not recommending people replace the rear sight. The slide is polymer and driving the old sight out and replacing with metal might not be the best choice. Also there is a little plate on top of the slide, do not remove that cover. The front sight however is fair game for replacement. Hypothetically if I were to buy a Glock 44 a hi viz fiber optic would get rung up as part of the transaction.

Thanks for the info VERT!

But UH OH, a large part of my interest was setting the G44 up exactly like my carry guns. :xmad:

I may have to wait around on these a bit to let others be the guinea pigs on rear sight changes. :n00b:

I wonder also, now that it's mentioned, how much the reliability of the gun would be affected by the weight change from plastic to metal sights?

Another thought on the possibility of the slide function being touchy is holstering. These guns were thoroughly tested and developed, but were they holstered and drawn so many times that the metal slide center fire versions would start to lose their finish, like mine always do?

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Thanks for the info VERT!

But UH OH, a large part of my interest was setting the G44 up exactly like my carry guns. :xmad:

I may have to wait around on these a bit to let others be the guinea pigs on rear sight changes. :n00b:

I wonder also, now that it's mentioned, how much the reliability of the gun would be affected by the weight change from plastic to metal sights?

Another thought on the possibility of the slide function being touchy is holstering. These guns were thoroughly tested and developed, but were they holstered and drawn so many times that the metal slide center fire versions would start to lose their finish, like mine always do?

The Rear sight is adjustable. That is good since it allows pretty much any Front sight to be used. If setting up like a carry gun I suppose a person could replace the front and simply color the rear black. Supposed to be looking at the FRONT sight anyway. :): Rep also said dire fire all you want. The trigger felt like a Glock. Can’t comment on durability of plastic in a holster, but I don’t see people dry practicing drawstroke with the .22. What I mean by that is reps would be limited to the range. Traditionally .22 matches are not shot from the holster.

Top Bottom