• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont know if there is already a thread about that.
    This is a question to all Glock owners.
    Do you have a plug in the hole at the on the base of your grip?
    Why or why not?
    Is it for a technical reason or only for look?
    I heard it could be bad because debris cant escape the gun but in the other hand I heard its good to plug that hole so that debris dont get in.
    I would like to know what you think.
    If that were a problem Glock would sale their gun with a plug in my opinion.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I don't know of anything that can reasonably get up into that hole that is going to hinder the pistol. The amount of lint it would take to stop a Glock you could make a pantsuit out of.

The hole is there to aid in gripping a stuck mag. Though I've never stuck a mag in a Glock I suspect it is a legitimate purpose and there is no upside to plugging it.

KyColonel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I've wanted to suggest this sort of usage to a number of Glock fans over the years, but never expected someone else to bring it up in a public forum.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ygrandpa.jpg

IBTL

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Ok Im not even going to touch the title of this, but it is called a grip plug not a butt plug. A simple google image search will prove this. Just remember results are NSFW

I have heard of two reason for this opening and one other use.

One was that the original design was to have this space to allow easier removal of a mag while wearing gloves, should it become stuck. Not sure of the validity of this nor do I remember where i heard it.

The second was for to debris to escape the trigger assembly. Again I have no idea where I heard that and I dont know if it is true.

I have also heard of people keeping a few small spare parts in that space in ziploc baggies and then adding the "butt plugs"

I have one in mine, and i have no problem removing mags and my trigger works. Some of the plugs will have reviews stating they fall out after a few or even a few hundred rounds. I have a pearce grip plug and ~500 rounds through it since i put it on and its not even loose.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    "Ok Im not even going to touch the title of this, but it is called a grip plug not a butt plug. A simple google image search will prove this. Just remember results are NSFW"

I saw it called "butt plug" on many website that sale them.
    Also I did the Google image search (just be sure to search for "glock butt plug" and not "butt plug" alone lol) and I found lots of pictures of it.

I guess there is no official name as its not a Glock part.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Glock grip plugs are good if you are using it in the right fashion it is intended for & does not affect reliability. Talk of butt plugs should be in on another forum :) :laugh:

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    As has been said, the space is there so you can get a thumb or finger farther up the magazine for more purchase if the magazine is stuck. It actually serves a purpose.

Some put the plugs in, I think it's a waste of money. But that's just my opinion.

Top Bottom