• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I don't own a glock so I had to borrow a friend's.

Did you know you can get 2 fingers in the magwell and one in the other hole???

I was SHOCKED!!!

Wonder if that is where the term "Shocker" came from.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Ok, in an attempt to answer the OP's interestingly worded question. In the armorer's course, they advised us not to use the plugs. The said that under normal circumstances, the plug should not hurt the function of the pistol. However, the frame is made a certain way so that when it heats and cools, it will always return to its normal shape. The grip plug could adversely affect this in cases of extreme temperature change.

I was also taught that the grip plug is simply not necessary to keep dirt out. The void in the rear of the frame does not lead anywhere of any importance.

Oh and one more thing.............

IBTL!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Any time I hear the term "butt plug" I walk away. Regardless of what it is reference to.

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    I agree with kick4426, the grip plug serves no purpose, other than as a decoration. It also supposedly hinders your removal of a stuck magazine. I don't remember hearing it discussed when I took the Glock Armour's course, but our agency had a strict rule against its use, actually, the rule was: "NO MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED", the only attachment allowed was the lanyard, but that was only for specialized units.

hiram762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    New Castle
    Good investment if you conceal or open carry. It keeps the crap out as previously stated. However if you carry tactically, I would think you want the lanyard attached.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Glock butt plug? I recommend starting with a 22 derringer then working your way up. I find this is much more comfortable. Super concealed carry is the only way to go. I thought i was going to have to shoot a guy who was attempting to rob me at an ATM. He said "give me the money!" I went for my gun...once i got 2 knuckles deep he took off running
    images

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    There is a plug that fits in the cavity, called a "seattle slug" it is made of brass and is used to add weight and balance. I don't think that Glock put the cavity there for that specific use, but whatever makes it more comfortable for people to shoot. My Glocks just have a vacant cavity, and that is the way they will remain until they move out of the house and find themselves new owners.

Top Bottom