• Glock 21 or 34 for home defense/SHTF to accompany my EDC 26

• Total voters

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    For that matter there is really no reason to have a G17 over the G34. They are essentially the same size except for a little barrel length. After mounting a light (I would suggest a Streamlight TLR-1) there would actually be no difference in length. This is because the light would stick out beyond the barrel of the G17 anyway. So length is not an issue, not for carry so weight is not an issue, might as well have the easier to shoot gun.

Other than price/availability. AFAIK, a G34 is about $100 more than a G17.

goldsmithr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    How about a g27, night sights, extra barrels and mags. in 9mm., 357 sig., maybe some extended magazines? This would give you a choice of ammo. if the question (what if I could keep only one became more serious than it is now).

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I got the 21. Plan to get the 34 next time.

Uz42UHRildwHB6JFF3dqHldA7xW9XUUIyfCjpd05Lvw

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    34...for the reasons given above. If you are really wanting a .45 that's one thing. From a practical standpoint, going with the 34 makes more sense imo..

Whitey1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Glock 26 and 34 go together like steak and potato. Notice they have the beveled edges on the front of the slide. Magazines for 34 work in the 26. Much higher mag capacity.
    With modern defense ammo, nine is fine and you get more shots. Add an Arredondo extension and you have 23 plus 1 rounds ready to rock.

Whitey1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Oops. Posted too late. A G21 has advantages too. Did you know you can get a 460 Rowland conversion kit for it? Just in case you want to hunt with it or carry it when you're in bear country.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    This. I think caliber sharing is better than diversity in this case.

I also agree. I carry a G22 for a main gun and a G23 for back up. I have a G31 with G35 barrel for home. I did this because I already had the pistol and barrel and this saves me from having to take my main gun in and out of a holster, since my home gun isn't holstered. What do they all have in common, same mag/ammo.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I have the 26 for CC, now the 21 for HD, and next will be the 34 for practice, shtf, etc. I think those three will fill any needs I would have for a pistol. Thanks for the comments.

Top Bottom