• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    I know Glock has come out with Gen 4. I have not tried that out yet but they are supposed to have a better grip. Maybe anyone who has one can enlighten us.
    Thanks

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I know Glock has come out with Gen 4. I have not tried that out yet but they are supposed to have a better grip. Maybe anyone who has one can enlighten us.
    Thanks

The gen 4 grip is what got me back into a Glock. Never cared for the grip before and sold mine years ago. I purchased a G17 and really like the grip, it is my favorite carry.
    Secondly I want a carry gun I can sweat on, toss under the seat, scratch up, generally beat up and not see rust on it while still being reliable and not have to clean it every time I hit the house. If I did this with a Kimber I might cry every time I looked at it.

Tab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    That is true about Glock. The finish is the best I have seen on any firearm. Even after years of use it still looks very good. Next time I go to a gun shop I will try the Gen 4 and see if it is worth trading G3 for G4. Thanks for the info.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    That is true about Glock. The finish is the best I have seen on any firearm. Even after years of use it still looks very good. Next time I go to a gun shop I will try the Gen 4 and see if it is worth trading G3 for G4. Thanks for the info.

Don't trade, you'll end up regretting it! :(

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I don't believe that the Gen4 Glocks make the previous obsolete. In fact, I think I remember reading, hearing, or picking up by osmosis somewhere, that the Gen3's are still being produced. I would imagine that there are enough people who like the earlier Gen, that Glock thought it profitable to produce both.

My own personal recommendation is that, if you like your Gen3 Glock, there's absolutely no reason to "trade up" (and I use that phrase somewhat reluctantly). However, if you like the design changes in the Gen4 then, by all means, go for it! :D Also, contrary to what some might have you believe, there is not law that states you can't have more than one Glock (unless such law is written by one's significant other ...and I'll stay out of that one! ;)).

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Love my Glocks. XD's are ok, and I really don't have anything bad to say about the times I have shot them, but there is just something I keep coming back to that Glock offers. Just feels and shoots right.

Top Bottom