• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    After much debate about selling my precious XD9 and switching to a G19, I was able to shoot a friend's G19...

And I was very disappointed. While I like the feel of the Glock, I couldn't hit **** with it, and I was shooting it better than the owner! In addition, I had a failure on the last round in the mag! After all I've heard about the reliability of Glocks! :n00b:

I'm not trying to bash Glocks here... but is this really the case? What kind of accuracy do you Glock owners get at the range? I could barely keep all the rounds on a dinner plate at 10 yards with his gun. :dunno:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    As far as accuracy is concerned, I will bet it is the trigger puller and not the gun, so keep practicing. Dry firing will help you with your trigger control.

What kind of failure did the gun have?

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I can hit a 4" steel square at 25 yards fairly consistently
    No complaints from me on my beloved Glock.

Are you focusing on the sights, aligning the top of the front with the top of the rear? If you are doing that and squeezing the trigger without shaking too much you should be able to consistently get hits in the same spot. I think too many people worry about other factors in shooting like grip angle and proper grip and stuff like that. For un-timed shooting all that matters is sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger squeeze. :twocents:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Are you basing your entire view of Glock pistols on one session with a single G19?

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    As far as accuracy is concerned, I will bet it is the trigger puller and not the gun, so keep practicing. Dry firing will help you with your trigger control.

What kind of failure did the gun have?

Failure to feed, which I suppose could be the fault of the magazine, but the round actually stovepiped in the action, which seemed VERY odd.

I suppose I should also add that I was able to get MUCH better accuracy from my XD9, but maybe that's due to more practice with it?:dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I suppose I should also add that I was able to get MUCH better accuracy from my XD9, but maybe that's due to more practice with it?:dunno:

Fundamentals are fundamentals, so you should experience similar results. :dunno:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Failure to feed, which I suppose could be the fault of the magazine, but the round actually stovepiped in the action, which seemed VERY odd.

I have not experienced that problem with my Glock 23 (with which have had no accuracy issues once I got used to it). Regarding your FTF, I have heard from shooters that I trust that, given the engineering of the Glock, a weak grip that 'gives' too much on the recoil can mess with the timing of the cycling. They may have been pulling my leg, and I would defer to others (particularly LEOs) and their experience, but that's what I heard.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Given that I have been able to pick up both of my Glocks, (one new, one VERY used,) and hit targets the size of dimes or smaller within the first magazine I ever fired out of each of them....I'd say its the shooters fault. That, or somehow your friend broke his Glock and needs to send it off to the factory.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    If the round stove piped it was from limp wristing /poor grip .Maby weak recoil spring ,but that would show other signs also .

A failure to feed would be the mag .

Shot placement; shooter ,ammo , fouled barrel

Cant say Ive ever had a Glock shoot bad,just some better than others .

I would have to see and shoot the gun to know for certain though.
    so bring it it by with 100 rds ,better make that 200 rnds and I'll check it out for you :):

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    There may be something wrong with THAT GUN but I can assure you the design has proven itself many times over.

Any gun that has issues hitting the target, and I will be pretty adamant that ANY gun can shoot better than its handler.

When I was a new shooter, I thought that gun make and type and fit was important, but what Jtgarner said it true, all of that is thrown out in slow fire.

Now I can shoot just as well with a P89 as I can with a Glock as I can with a M&P as I can with 1911 when it comes to slow fire.

Its when you start running and shooting and rapidly shooting that the differences come out.

I have also ... never personally experianced a limp-wrist malfunction in any gun I have ever fired.

I ... wonder if it is either a myth or you have to REALLY jello-wrist it, which of course I never do.

My opinion... its you. practice more.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have a G17 and G26 and both shoot better than I do. I can hit a quarter sized grouping from 25 yrds most often. I think they are very good as far as accuracy goes and I haven't had any problems with either pistol yet!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Time on the range with what your shooting. My glock is so accurate that I don't even aim it any longer. Point and shoot and it hits whatever its inline with.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    1st guy says he can hit a 4" plate at 25 most times.

2nd guy says he can shoot dimes.

3rd guy says he can shoot quarter sized groups at 25 yards.

If this thread keeps going, the internet marksmanship is going to progress to the point that someone will say he plinks at the moon with his glock 36.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    2nd guy says he can shoot dimes.

3659E1B435.jpg

:D

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    All the Glocks I come across have the rear sight pushed all the way to the right sight for accuracy.

Top Bottom