• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Ok, here is the long story short version.

I have a glock 19, never had a single issue with it. Not one.

My glock 27, however, has been a little less of perfection.

I had problems with the two stock magazines it came with. Shipped them back to glock. Im expecting two new replacements any time now. +1 for glock. No problem.

I got a new magazine from midwayusa in the mean time. Havent really had any problems. I had a few failure to feed problems before but I realized it was because I was pressing the slide lock with my finger. Operator error. Not my gun.

Today, however, was my first *i think* gun problem. I had a round get stuck I think it was shot 4 of 9. It actually got stick behind the little pin thing here.

Can anyone tell me what could have caused this, and if its something that I shouldnt worry about... or what?

Thanks for the help!

30u9xkp.jpg

hoosier_sully

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Valparaiso
    That "pin thing" is the ejector. Can you please clarify a few things? Was it a live round or a spent case? Did it get wedged between the ejector and the slide? Can you recreate with an empty case what it looked like? It may help us to try to determine just what happened.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    A Glock failure?
    No way!
    Clearly its a Kel Tec and someone has stamped Glock onto the slide.

Seriously, I agree with sully.
    The ejector would normally never contact a live round.
    If it was a live round it got stuck in there because of another problem.
    That is, a failure to feed (or something) happened first, then the round got stuck.
    The ejector is just the first thing that was in the way when the round did not chamber

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    That "pin thing" is the ejector. Can you please clarify a few things? Was it a live round or a spent case? Did it get wedged between the ejector and the slide? Can you recreate with an empty case what it looked like? It may help us to try to determine just what happened.

On the diagram it said it was part of the trigger assembly, thats why I didnt know what to call it. Ejector makes perfect sense.

Live round. It looks like I fired a round, it ejected, and my firearm pulled out another round, but instead of the ejector retracting and it moving into battery, the round got stuck and the slide jammed.

Ejector and the magazine.

I will get pictures tomorrow with a better camera, as apparently my low quality pix cant be seen by some.

*note, when I got it, the follower on the two stock magazines held the round semi-vertical, where the one I used today from midway as a temporary holds the round more horizontal. Im guessing the one from midway is an older design.*

Also, I was using remington white box 180 grain

Thank you very much for your help I appreciate it. :yesway:

A Glock failure?
    No way!
    Clearly its a Kel Tec and someone has stamped Glock onto the slide.

Uncalled for. Although I appreciate the sarcasm lol. Ive put thousands of rounds through my 19 with no problems. Something is obviously wrong with either me or my 27.

Thanks for the help to you and everyone else.

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Live round. It looks like I fired a round, it ejected, and my firearm pulled out another round, but instead of the ejector retracting and it moving into battery, the round got stuck and the slide jammed.

Other than looking at the ejector and making sure it's straight and not broke or chipped (dont compare it to a 9mm which will have a bend/angle rightward), I would look at other things. The ejector doesn't " retract", but rather the slide moves forward of it.

*note, when I got it, the follower on the two stock magazines held the round semi-vertical, where the one I used today from midway as a temporary holds the round more horizontal. Im guessing the one from midway is an older design.* Could very well be a older mag. Compare the number on the follower... It still shouldn't matter. I have always found they all work well.

Also, I was using remington white box 180 grain

Again, SHOULDN'T matter. It should function with all ammo you put into it.

Thank you very much for your help I appreciate it. :yesway:

One good thing about Glocks are you will always see others with them at the range. Next time you go, let someone else shoot it using their mag that is known to be good and also with ammo that is known to work for them. If this same thing happens then, get it back to Glock promptly ! If it runs fine, just simply reverse the process, throwing one of the (3) variables back in until you identify what the issue is.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Sometimes you have weird issues with different magazines and ammunition. I just recently had an issue where the last round in the magazine won't ever chamber, even though all the other rounds will.

I second the advice to get some help next time you are at the range; somebody else who owns a Glock and can "swap parts" with you until you figure out whats causing the issue would be a good way to track it down.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    One good thing about Glocks are you will always see others with them at the range. Next time you go, let someone else shoot it using their mag that is known to be good and also with ammo that is known to work for them. If this same thing happens then, get it back to Glock promptly ! If it runs fine, just simply reverse the process, throwing one of the (3) variables back in until you identify what the issue is.

It is not bent. I thought it was broken at first because, as you said, the 9mm is bent and the .40 is not. Everything appears to be fine. I shot 50 rounds of .40 that day and only had the one problem. I will try and find someone with .40 glock mags next time I head to the range. Im expecting my new magazines from glock this week or next. I can promise you this. Im not carrying it until I put at least another 200 rounds through it.

I just really hope it was either operator error or some fluke.

The ejector doesn't " retract", but rather the slide moves forward of it.

Then could this be limp wristing? I dont understand how it could get stuck outside of the magazine, but under the ejector. All I did was pull the slide back a bit and let go and it went right into battery. Ran fine after... It wasnt severely jammed or anything... just jammed.

thanks for the help

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Im looking at my 27 again, and I have absolutely no idea how it could have jammed. I wish I took a picture as soon as it happened (lesson learned).

At this point the only thing I can do is wait for the new magazines to come in, and do some shooting to see if the problem returns or if it was just my fault.

Thanks again for all the help everyone, I appreciate it.

FCSD 23-18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    The little pin thing is the extractor, my guess would be that you did not have the mag seated properly.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Ok, here is the long story short version.

I have a glock 19, never had a single issue with it. Not one.

My glock 27, however, has been a little less of perfection.

I had problems with the two stock magazines it came with. Shipped them back to glock. Im expecting two new replacements any time now. +1 for glock. No problem.

I got a new magazine from midwayusa in the mean time. Havent really had any problems. I had a few failure to feed problems before but I realized it was because I was pressing the slide lock with my finger. Operator error. Not my gun.

Today, however, was my first *i think* gun problem. I had a round get stuck I think it was shot 4 of 9. It actually got stick behind the little pin thing here.

Can anyone tell me what could have caused this, and if its something that I shouldnt worry about... or what?

Thanks for the help!

30u9xkp.jpg

Most glock jams are "LIMP WRIST"

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    ^ thats what I was thinking. Like I said, not a single problem with my 19, guess I need more practice with the sub compact.

Thanks all!

Top Bottom