• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    I have taken a dremel to my Glock 17. Went very slow and made sure it was done to my liking. Which then I sanded it down and then stippled it just how I wanted it. Now the G19 and 26 grooves I feel fit my hand just fine. Granted the 19s grooves were taken off as well. The feel of the grooves gone just happens to feel more natural for me.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was in the same boat, my fingers are just a hair off where the finger grooves land, and it was annoying. I had a Gen 4 model 19 and a Gen 3 21SF. I was seriously thinking of sending them both off for frame work, but like others in this thread have said, grinding on a $600 gun seems a bit non-intuitive. My solution was to look for a Gen 2 replacement and got a model 19 which is PERFECT....and explains why they are so hard to find, I'm never letting this one go. :)

And +1 on what someone above mentioned, looking forward to the Glock Gen 5's....hope they remove the finger grooves across the whole line and not just the 17 and 19!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Been thinking about getting a Glock. How much of a deal is it to have a gunsmith remove these stupid finger grooves and just stipple or checker the front strap? I was holding some Glocks the other day at a gun store, and really liked the 34. Long barrel, slimmer slide, grip not to fat, only one thing... those stupid finger grooves don't match up to my fingers.

Now, I'm a 1911 fan, but that's because I love the feel of a 1911 in my hand. It just feels natural, so I shoot it well. Still, a higher capacity gun would be real nice. I had an XD in .45 acp... grip was way too fat for me. I want to like a Glock, but those finger grooves kill it for me.

Why not chill and wait for the M Model Glock?

IMG_7569.gif

Glock 17M=>TFB Exclusive: Glock 17M In The Wild - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog

At the NRAAM Glock rep told me this summer (August). So, chill and save up for one.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Suggested ideas for things to do while awaiting M Model Glock:

1. Mock rhino.
    2. Grow tactical facial hair.
    3. Attend Chris Costa tactical posing modeling class.
    4. Mold dirty baseball cap so it rides just above eyes.
    5. Tactical pants shopping.
    6. Develop tactical catch phrase like "bust 'em" or "get your fight on" or something similarly tactical.
    7. Help Kirk sort brass and reload in his basement.

DCowboysCR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 10, 2017
    Greenwood
    Exactly why I can't wait for the Gen-5/19M Glock to finally be released. I HATE the fingergrooves but at the same time think it looks like crap when they're dremeled off most of the time.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I hate them. They do nothing but get in the way especially under stress. They just don't line up right. I take them off all my glocks along with a trigger guard under cut. It's like a whole new pistol

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I understand on the finger-grooves...I actually picked-up a Gen II Glock 19 in 2011 that was still NIB...and I love it!

It feels so much better than the Gen III's and the IV's that ended up getting rid of my other Gen III pistols and just kept the Gen II. It doesn't have the front rail...but, then again, I don't use attachments on my handgun.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I hate them. They do nothing but get in the way especially under stress. They just don't line up right. I take them off all my glocks along with a trigger guard under cut. It's like a whole new pistol

Do you do this yourself or do you have someone do it for you? If you take them somewhere, do you mind sharing their name? My baseball glove hands seem to line up with the ridges, not the grooves...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Suggested ideas for things to do while awaiting M Model Glock:

1. Mock rhino.
    2. Grow tactical facial hair.
    3. Attend Chris Costa tactical posing modeling class.
    4. Mold dirty baseball cap so it rides just above eyes.
    5. Tactical pants shopping.
    6. Develop tactical catch phrase like "bust 'em" or "get your fight on" or something similarly tactical.
    7. Help Kirk sort brass and reload in his basement.

Dang Kirk! How did you get a hold of my to do list?

vvk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Indy
    Been thinking about getting a Glock. How much of a deal is it to have a gunsmith remove these stupid finger grooves and just stipple or checker the front strap? I was holding some Glocks the other day at a gun store, and really liked the 34. Long barrel, slimmer slide, grip not to fat, only one thing... those stupid finger grooves don't match up to my fingers.

Now, I'm a 1911 fan, but that's because I love the feel of a 1911 in my hand. It just feels natural, so I shoot it well. Still, a higher capacity gun would be real nice. I had an XD in .45 acp... grip was way too fat for me. I want to like a Glock, but those finger grooves kill it for me.
    I used to hate glock finger grooves, but now I actually like them. And yes, they seemed like they didn't match my fingers. But now they do. I suggest you shoot with finger grooves for while before removing them. You might like them.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Not a big deal at all (assuming it's a competent gunsmith).
    While you're at it, get under the triggerguard cut - "undercut"

^^THIS^^
    The undercut trigger guard is a huge improvement, was for me anyway...

Ive tossed the idea around of shaving the groves off my 17 but just cant make myself do it even though I know Id like it better....

Endrin2113

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Plainfield

Just do the frame work yourself. Patience, a wood burner / soldering iron, a dremel, and some 2500 grit automotive sandpaper are all you need. If you, like me, have no artistic capability, you can try to go for the no pattern stipple. If it doesn't look like a regular pattern, then the eye wont be noticing the discrepancies in the work.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So who in NWI does undercuts? I would also like to have the square trigger guard as a round trigger guard. The only firearms I like a square trigger guard are the 2nd and 3rd gen S&W semi autos.

Top Bottom