• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    M&P , Sig's, CZ's, 1911's, Browning Hi-Powers, H&K VP-9's, the list goes on. Glocks point funny, literally no one likes their grip and they are no more reliable than any other striker fired firearm currently on the market. I do not understand how they have managed to keep the market share they still have and I personally hope the Sig P320 winning the Army contract is the first of many many nails in Glocks coffin. :hijack:

:yesway::yesway:

Also CZs feel wonderful in your hand :rockwoot:

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    OP You might consider removing the finger grooves yourself.

I just finished doing the framework on my first Glock myself and overall It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be (and I have the mechanical/artistic ability of a mildly brain-damaged ape).

First I sanded off the finger grooves using sandpaper. I then used a Dremel to remove the texturing on the front and back strap, undercut the trigger guard, and add a magazine button relief cut. After that I stippled the grip with a light texturing. It took about 5 hours for me to do everything, but I went very slow and measured everything several times.

I know this kinda thing isn't everyone's cup of tea but I'm very pleased with the way things came out and I plan on doing it to a couple more of my Glocks.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    M&P , Sig's, CZ's, 1911's, Browning Hi-Powers, H&K VP-9's, the list goes on. Glocks point funny, literally no one likes their grip and they are no more reliable than any other striker fired firearm currently on the market. I do not understand how they have managed to keep the market share they still have and I personally hope the Sig P320 winning the Army contract is the first of many many nails in Glocks coffin. :hijack:

Sorry to disagree Dean but....
    Glock has proven itself many times over to be a good weapon platform. Of the others you listed, MANY of those have had extensive work done to them to make them fit the individual needs of the person using it. What fits one person may not work for others. There will NEVER be a weapon made that is "good enough" for everybody.
    Is Glock perfect? Hell no, but, nothing is. I have Gen 2's because my girls like them better than the customized, undercut, stippled and finger grooved removed Gen 4 or stock Gen 4.
    I seriously doubt Glock will be going away because of they didn't get the contract. LOL:ar15:

OP- Do it yourself a little at a time. Try somebody elses to see if you real even will like them first if you can. I found out I didn't really care for the custom job but my step-son loves it.:twocents:

Bob

STARCOM

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2017
    SW Indiana
    Been thinking about getting a Glock. How much of a deal is it to have a gunsmith remove these stupid finger grooves and just stipple or checker the front strap? I was holding some Glocks the other day at a gun store, and really liked the 34. Long barrel, slimmer slide, grip not to fat, only one thing... those stupid finger grooves don't match up to my fingers.

Now, I'm a 1911 fan, but that's because I love the feel of a 1911 in my hand. It just feels natural, so I shoot it well. Still, a higher capacity gun would be real nice. I had an XD in .45 acp... grip was way too fat for me. I want to like a Glock, but those finger grooves kill it for me.

If you are looking for a "smaller" handgun, Glock 42 (.380) and 43 (9mm) do not have finger grooves.

View attachment 56624

Top Bottom