• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    One of my favorite .45 ACP handguns. I have an old Gen 3 that is approaching 10,000 rounds and Ive done nothing to it but put in better springs and sights for competition. The Gen 4 is smaller in the handle than the Gen 3 Glock 21 and I really like them too. Can't go wrong with the G21!

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Agreed, mine has been perfect. Mine has the 3.5lb trigger, stainless guide rod and night sights. Works every single time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They make a great nightstand gun even if they can be a bit large for me to CC. You have to love the capacity though. 13+1 rounds of .45 is respectable by any measure.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Awesome pistol and a life changer for me. Shot a barrowed Gen 3 for a pistol match. Went home and sold all my pistols. Bought a new Gen 4 and love it. Just put Trijicon HD sights on and a TLR3 light. Feels good when it's by my side. Also picked up a G17 and have plans on collecting a few more.

What's not to like? Cheap, I can work on it myself, high cap, great mags, great holster selection, street proven, rugged and reliable. Should have done the switch sooner. Buy lots of ammo.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have a gen 4--fits my hand much better than the earlier ones. Very happy with it.
    ^^^This!!^^^ I have a G21 Gen 4 because I like the grips. Gen 3 in 9mm, Gen 4 in .45 ACP is how I like it.

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    I have been shooting one continuously for over 15 years. By far the best full size .45 I have shot!

Started with a regular Gen3, moved to a Gen3 SF (which I still carry), and also have some trigger time with a Gen4. I have had one malfunction in about 30-35,000 rounds and that was with my own reload (very low power load designed for a S&W 625) in a brand new Gen4.

It's my belief that reliability comes from preventive maintenance, good ammo, and running the guns completely stock. I can't count the times that someone "improves" their Glock with aftermarket parts and has reliability issues.

I can't say enough about how the polymer frame and wide backstrap absorb recoil on these guns. If you have smaller hands get the Gen4 for sure.

GGF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The 21 was what I chose for a house gun when I thought the world got to mean for my ol' S&W Mod 60.
    But, it would be like trying to conceal a box of cereal for a CCW!
    I'm thinking about finding a good light to mount on it too.

GGF

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    LOVE Glocks, and LOVE the Glock 21. I have a Glock 30 as well, but the model 21 is my favorite. It`s the carry pistol I have on me when hunting.

Last edited:

l1n5c0tt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2016
    Trail Creek
    Carry my 21 all the time. its a gen3 that I've had for 13 years now. its been used and abused with only a few issues which came down to my reloads. It only likes cci primers.

Top Bottom