• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCAJR30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Union County
    My money is on Sig, they are expensive but I would never buy a weapon based on price. Try'em out and see what you think. The DAO does make for a tough first shot but if you are target shooting you can set the hammer manually on the first round.

gov't and/or military agencies have done the research along with their historical experience - Several carry Sig.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I think everybody, if they've been around guns long enough, will end up with a few impulse buys...God knows I have several...in fact I'm probably the person my friends rely on to buy before trying so they can shoot mine to determine which they like best.

As far as what gun, the manufacturers you've listed are all great and reputable companies; a few in the gun world will bash a brand here and there and a few more may even have an axe to grind against a certain name, but those 3 will give you multiple decades of dependable service. You can also throw the M&P in the mix along with Ruger's SR-series of autos, too.

Right now my favorite guns are my Glock 21 and my M&P9 Pro and I've recently traded for an M&P45 that I cannot wait to get in. The XDm just sets a bit too high in the hand for me but with their new 5.25 competition pistol out I could be tempted to overlook that feature to give them another try. Just buy what you like and like what you buy and you should be good. Just look to the aftermarket parts area when it comes to buying holsters and extra mags....Glock rules the roost in that department with sadly the M&P lagging far behind and the XDm somewhere in the middle. That can make or break a weapon for some since having a gun is no good if you can't find holsters or mags for it.
    I have a ruger 357 snub nose that I like I forgot to throw in ruger also.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    They all shoot great for sure, if you like the way the grip feels on the XDM go for it! I haven't owned a Sig yet, but I have owned/own most of the popular choices and they are all awesome weapons. But anyways if you like the feel of the XDM go for it, it's a great piece! :yesway:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    gov't and/or military agencies have done the research along with their historical experience - Several carry Sig.

I hate to rain on that parade, but those who carry the guns aren't the ones who make the choice.

The SOCOM guys are really the only ones who get to pick and buy what they carry.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I've owned multiple guns from all three manufacturers and they are all comparable in quality and reliability. FWIW I carry a Glock 19 and have for quite some time. I'm not saying I think it's better than an XD or a Sig it's just what I am familiar and comfortable with.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I hate to rain on that parade, but those who carry the guns aren't the ones who make the choice.

The SOCOM guys are really the only ones who get to pick and buy what they carry.
    Troops in nam went to gunshows and bought guns because the m16s sucked, Ill go with the xd with the 1911 girp.

harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I agree with most folks in that they are all great choices. Never buy into the marketing or hype of a manufacturer. Buying a SD pistol is a very personal thing. I have been on the hunt for a pistol for my wife, and the experience has really shown me that comfort and confidence mean everything. So hold them all, if you can, go to the range and rent/shoot them all, then choose the one that is right for you.

Personally I am a Glock guy. I find them reliable, built tough as nails, and a great value.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I agree with most folks in that they are all great choices. Never buy into the marketing or hype of a manufacturer. Buying a SD pistol is a very personal thing. I have been on the hunt for a pistol for my wife, and the experience has really shown me that comfort and confidence mean everything. So hold them all, if you can, go to the range and rent/shoot them all, then choose the one that is right for you.

Personally I am a Glock guy. I find them reliable, built tough as nails, and a great value.
    I like glocks but they don't have 1911 grips so. Ill go with the xd

Top Bottom