• ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all -
    I've searched on here and found similar threads, but NOT one as specific as what I'm asking below.
    1) I own a Glock 34 Gen4 (production 2012)
    2) I'm a cheap shooter and I currently do not reload (another topic for another post)
    3) If I ONLY shoot WWB or other inexpensive equivalent, all 115 gr FMJ, all "weak" ammo (Rem UMC, Fed Am Eagle, Tula, etc), would I benefit from using a weaker recoil spring. My glock is newer production (2012) and has the not-excessive spring (can't remember stamped #s on end, but it's the newest version for gen4), but I have had 2 FTFs with Rem UMC ammo. Would lightening the spring from 17 lbs to 13-14 lbs. help? Reduce recoil?
    *Notice: I am NOT shooting +P, I am NOT reloading, etc.
    Jager and a few other companies have RSA (Rod to be fitted with IMSI or Wolff springs) that fit gen4 glocks now.
    Would I benefit if only shooting weak 115 gr "cheap" ammo??

This is NOT a thread inviting all glock armorers to tell me to leave it stock - I'm trying to look for the hypothetical benefits vs risks in changing it. It is stock now, and will likely stay stock, I simply want to have a discussion about it since most discussions end with everyone saying "leave it stock"...

P.s. I have a different stock glock for home protection. I don't plan to do anything to that one.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    A lighter spring will not reduce felt recoil. If you were tuning a competition firearm, we could talk about load and spring combinations. But for factory 115 gr ammo, stick with the stock spring.

Your FTF are more likely related crappy ammo than spring (recoil spring will only affect firing capability if it fails to bring the gun into battery).

If you want to go the aftermarket guide rod route with a flat recoil spring, there are various options you can optimize. However, lighter springs will not reduce recoil.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If you would like to PM me with your # (or call me if you have my #) I can give you the info you need better than I can try to explain here.. Not trying to talk you into or out of anything, just answer your questions and concerns.
    Charlie

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Top Bottom