• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I know that Glocks are quality firearms but I just don't like to have the same thing as everyone else. I think they're ugly as hell and feel like a toy gun. I prefer a metal pistol anyday. Guess I'm a little old school when it comes to guns. If they're so great why doesn't the U.S. military issue them?:dunno:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I dont want to knock anyone just by clumping them into a group and ASSuming anything. So I wont say "Harley riders are...".

What I will say is that every time someone remarks on my bike in a negative way it is some jack@$$ on a Harley saying how my bike is junk or queer or whatever. Ive only ever gotten one person on a harley to race me and he was sorry he even thought about it.

Funny thing to me is that my honda cbr 600RR is such junk according to these Harley folks, but every time I see a bike broken down or being worked on on the side of the road it seems like its a harley.

Ive just come to the point now that I honk and wave, they love it.

Ride what YOU like, shoot what YOU like. After all, it is YOUR money buying it.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    "Harley Davidson, the worlds most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the harmful side affects of power"

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    Of all of the handguns I have owned, I have only had two that were junk, One was an off brand .380 I bought from a co worker back in the early 1980's, and the other was a Kel tech .40, I bought when they first came out, because I was told they were EXACTLY like a Glock for half the price...Yea Right, after about ten rounds through it it would heat up and jam every other shot, but if I were to see someone carrying one I would not give them grief about it, if thats what they like that is their business, Plus maybe it's all they can afford.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I dont like Harleys, Glocks, Mosins, or Remingtons.

I like Kawasaki, M&Ps, Mausers and Mossberg.

And in 2 sentences I have effectively offended 99.9% of INGO.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    A REAL motorcycle enthusiast doesnt care. Shut up and ride :D

:yesway:

Real gun enthusiast should say screw it lets shoot!

Bike choice, who cares if it's what you like ride it! What do I ride? Depends on the day, some days I ride the Harley some days its the 'Busa. No long hair, no tat's and no BO. Don't know where that puts me group wise.

Guns, could be a Glock or a nice 1911 just depends.

Why be a snob either way? If everyone liked the same things we would have no variety in life.

cranduit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Sure, there are those people who say "get a Harley" but there are also people who actually enjoy riding. Now honestly, those two categories almost never mix.

It's quite the same with guns. Now some people have the limited experience of just a Glock, but for the most part you will get from a "should I get a Glock 19 or one of like 20 other pistols" thread "get what fits YOU best".

Saying this, I do have a few friends who are actually into motorcycles that have only owned Harleys for years (I think one has had 17 or so different Harleys) and I never hear anything about my Honda except in jest. I do love the "buy American" from the weekend riders though. I know my bike was assembled in Ohio and for some reason it runs just fine...weird.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't get on anybody for what they carry or what they ride.
    But if anybody wants to throw stones at what I carry or ride, I'm happy to throw some back. :-)

Seriously though, I carry Glocks among other things, and I actually catch crap from people for carrying a Glock more than anything else I ever carry.

Joeyidgaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Indiana
    The bottom line is that you have to be happy with what you own and what you shoot. It does not matter what other people think? There will always be people who judge you for what you own. Generally once a person gets to know you personally, they will no longer judge you for this reason. They will appreciate you for who you are.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    you go to a different gun shop and they start telling you if you don't shoot an XDm you're wasting your money...and the next shop it's the 1911...and the next shop it's a revolver...and the next shop it's the 9mm they are ragging on and the next shop will be bragging on it. A huge majority of the gun shop patrons are there to stroke egos with the other guys that love on one platform and hate on the others.

whatscooking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Madison,In
    Most of the people that act that way cannot shoot or ride they just want to belong to a groop so if they own xyz brand they know all, by the way walk into a Harley dealer and flip over the crome on the wall for sale and see where it is made.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The Glock, and Harley, Kool Aid is strong stuff! I've owned and ridden numerous bikes and none of them were Harleys. They must be good, the Classifieds are FULL of them! Lol...
    *Snicker. Good one.
    I own a Harley,Honda, and a Suzuki. I own a Glock, XD, and a MP. Ride what you want, shoot what you want. People who dis another mans ride/gun arent worth listening to anyway and are prob. jealous anyway. :patriot:
    Agreed. They also tend to be sheepish in nature.

"Harley Davidson, the worlds most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the harmful side affects of power"
    This one really had me laughing.

A REAL motorcycle enthusiast doesnt care. Shut up and ride :D

I don't get on anybody for what they carry or what they ride.
    But if anybody wants to throw stones at what I carry or ride, I'm happy to throw some back. :-)
    These last two sum it up for me. Aside from a fellow "gun friend" that will rib me in good nature about certain items, I've never had anyone comment on my guns. As for the bikes, I've had all makes. Currenly have 2 Hondas and a Kawasaki. Spent a summer restoring a Harley, riding a Honda to the Harley dealer regularly to get parts was a comical experience. I put 50 miles on it when it was done and sold it. Just wasn't my thing or reliable. I hear anything EVO and up is much better, this was an 80 ironhead. There are definately a lot of Harley riders out there with attitude problems and that's not even counting actual OMC members. I ride with multiple friends on Harleys and we would have fun on 10 speeds if that's all we had...

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I've been a rider for longer than I've really been into firearms. I would agree that their are some similarities between the two. Part of it is them being able to justify their decision by convincing you. If he believes the same reasoning then I'm correct in believing it.

It is vexing when you see sales persons at gun shops or other customers stating that one firearm is superior to another. There are differences but if you stick to a major manufacturer is more a matter of preference.

One benefit of Glocks that can't be disputed is aftermarket options. You can build a Glock with no Glock parts. That is something I would be interested in doing. That way I could have a Glock without actually owning one.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    FWIW, I really don't give a rip about what people say ...I'll look 'em straight in the eye and tell 'em all to eat my dust ....as I ride off into the sunset on my Vespa ...with my HiPoint on my side! :rockwoot:

I do have to laugh sometimes when I'm gassing up at the local quick-mart ...every now and then someone will make the comment "Hey, nice Harley!" and "Is that a Glock???" :D

squish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    South Bend area
    ok here's my :twocents: on this.....

<steps on soap box>

i personally don't care what you shoot or ride. both HD's and glocks have their good and bad points......old tech on the HD's yes, but it's what I chose to ride, I actually can appreciate anything on two wheels. if it puts your knees in the breeze and it makes you smile.....good for you.....IT'S YOUR CHOICE. now the glock thing.....i've got a G22 that i carry on and off duty....is it the best, maybe not, but it does go BANG when i pull the trigger. i've owned many other pistols before and I'm sure I'll own many others......this one just happened to have the right price and it fit the caliber restriction. personally i liked the XD .45 that i had before this one. the grip angle was right for me, since it was based off of the 1911 frame....

any way for what it's worth......shoot and ride what ever blows your hair back...

<steps off soap box>
    :rockwoot:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'll never own either again. I've had both and find them highly over rated. Harleys aren't even American made anymore.....mexican and jap parts bolted together here just like everything else, except the harley is 100yo+ technology. Heck, they even haul the mexican harley parts in on mexican made trucks.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    It really doesn't matter to me about a Glock or an XDm...kinda like saying which manufacturer makes the best 1911.

As for riding???? I don't ride steel...I ride REAL!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JJSHOOTS
    Top Bottom