• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    <<. Google failure. I did find discussion about a cz kaboom, but no pics, and for full disclosure, seemed to be blatant user stupidity. You can't out-engineer stupid.

Hap Hazard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Your Glock will be fine with factory ammo or once or twice fired reloaded brass as long as you don't try to hot rod the cartridge you're loading. I loaded thousands and thousands of rounds for the original G17 with no trouble. Just keep your powder charges sensible.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have kaboomed a 1911 with an overcharge and a USP loaded with a powder that was later declared unsafe in the 40 S&W but was a recommend load when I used it. Anything made by man can break if abused.

uspblowup.jpg

Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    Your Glock will be fine with factory ammo or once or twice fired reloaded brass as long as you don't try to hot rod the cartridge you're loading. I loaded thousands and thousands of rounds for the original G17 with no trouble. Just keep your powder charges sensible.

Safe my ass! Glocks are a Polish hand grenade, it's gonna go boom, but the question is, will it be in your hand?

Glock 21 .45acp Winchester White box KABOOM

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been in the presence of 1500+ Glock .40 cal pistols firing over 3 million rounds over the past 4+ years and haven't seen a kaboom yet. Of course we follow Glock's recommendations and only fire factory loaded, FMJ ammunition (no reloads, no lead bullets).

I'm satisfied.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    (Puts on TINFOIL hat)

Everyone knows that to end World War Two we dropped "Fat Man" and "Little Boy" on the Empire of Japan. What they don't tell you is that they were a very early prototype Glock 17 and Glock 26. They do go boom, get the truth out.....

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I have only heard of the .40 models ever having done this, very uncommonly, and $100 spent on an aftermarket barrel takes away all the worry.

I'll be the first to admit that I have drank the Glock koolaid, but 80k rounds, trouble free, tends to convince a person.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Glocks have looser chambers that don't have as much support as one would like at the feed ramp area, usually in the .40 models (but sometimes in other chamberings as well)

that was true in generations past.

There's a whole chapter in Glocks In Competition where they tested leading the barrel to force a Kaboom and how barrels have changed over time.

Comparison over the years, 2nd gen G21 barrel on the left and a newer G31 barrel on the right:
    1000139zp4.jpg

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I'm new to the glocks scene and I'm in the market for either a glocks or m&p and was wondering what ppl are saying about glocks going kaboom or not going kaboom....please explain

Being this is only my second post, I'll try to be a little more focused on the concern of the guy who posted this topic... and being that my name is IndyGlockMan, I feel a need to reply with a helpful opinion.

Some of the replys above are correct. Every gun, if not used properly, can or will go "kaboom", but don't worry.
    I've owned Glocks for 15+ years and have never had an issue. Just stay away from shooting bare lead bullets and reloads (unless you know & trust the reloader).

If it's your first Glock, I'd recommend getting a 3rd generation Glock 17.
    It's 9mm, easy to shoot, ammo is less expensive, mags, holsters, and custom parts are plentiful. New or used gun, doesn't matter. Just get it through your local gun shop. You can go over everything face to face, ask questions, buy accessories, ammo and get started in the world of Glocks the right way. If they have a range, you can probably shoot it before you buy it.

If for some reason you don't like the Glock, there are many guys that love them and will be happy to take it off your hands so you can buy something else you like better.
    :patriot:

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    This is truely a crazy blog that I would never have considered this could happen to me......So I guess that I should stop using my Glock to drive nails in the wall......LOL! Only kidding, however it makes me think switch about shooting steal through my buddies Glock 23.:D

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Another reason I always recommend an aftermarket barrel is that most will be conventionally rifled and you can shoot lead bullets. With the price difference between lead and jacketed bullets, you will pay off that barrel inside of 3000 rounds. Add to that the fully supported chamber and thats why all my Glocks have new barrels.

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    wow after reading this thread we should all join the insaro website as in indiana stick and rock owners website(i guess you could blow a rock or stick up if you tried hard enough)

Top Bottom