Glocks may not always work, but I'm glad they don't fire when you drop them...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So I have dropped many different weapons never personally had an issue. I did witness a really dramatic dropped gun situation once. The BN HQ had set up in a Iraqi airbase when a PFC came in the front door carrying a M249. The strap broke just as he walked inside the muzzle hit the ground and it fired a impressive 10 round bust into the wall.

I'm glad my mishap wasn't that dramatic!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So I have dropped many different weapons never personally had an issue. I did witness a really dramatic dropped gun situation once. The BN HQ had set up in a Iraqi airbase when a PFC came in the front door carrying a M249. The strap broke just as he walked inside the muzzle hit the ground and it fired a impressive 10 round bust into the wall.

I would probably fire an impressive 10-round burst into my underwear if that happened near me.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I never really thought about the indecent at the time it was about 36 hours into the ground invasion. I was searching .50 ammo we needed it like bad and took about all that HHC had for my Platoon.

So in retrospect I guess that was a true AD not a ND since it was a weapons malfunction?

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Just curious, do you know if it was a series 70, 80 or Schwartz system?

It was a Springfield with series 70 style internals. I've heard the inertia can make them go off if dropped like that and the firing pin spring is weak. I was in a hurry to leave, thought I had it in the holster but when I let go I freaked out for a minute. That was along time ago and the pistol is still one of my main carry guns.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It was a Springfield with series 70 style internals. I've heard the inertia can make them go off if dropped like that and the firing pin spring is weak. I was in a hurry to leave, thought I had it in the holster but when I let go I freaked out for a minute. That was along time ago and the pistol is still one of my main carry guns.

Thanks for the info.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Dropped a loaded, cocked and locked 1911 on the living room floor once. Landed muzzle first. Nothing happened.

When that happens on a hard tile floor (like, say, in the handicap stall of a restroom of a Target store in Cumming, GA), you can get a nice dent in the outer radius of the muzzle.

Or so I've heard.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I once dropped my old Kel-tec PF9 on my kitchen floor which was tile. Landed on the rear of the slide making a nice little mark. I'm almost certain when it landed the muzzle was pointing at me. Really glad it wasn't a sig p320 cause it might have killed me. It's the only time I've dropped a gun

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I once dropped my old Kel-tec PF9 on my kitchen floor which was tile. Landed on the rear of the slide making a nice little mark. I'm almost certain when it landed the muzzle was pointing at me. Really glad it wasn't a sig p320 cause it might have killed me. It's the only time I've dropped a gun

A Kel-tec?
    You're lucky it was a dud.

Top Bottom