• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • volksjager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    You have the Democrat trigger bar. You want the Republican trigger bar and a hillbilly switch on the backing plate.

it was the modded hillbilly republican trigger bar causing all the problems. That was my gerry rigged inspection plate

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    from your description sounded like you were just in need of some technical skills on cleaning.
    as to guide rods.
    my glocks are gen4 and I converted my G30 to 10mm. It requires 2 piece guide rod & choice of springs 20# vs factory captured 17#.
    my G36 & G22 both still has captured factory recoil spr. & rod.
    Glad you got it runin

volksjager

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    I thought the video was pretty clear that striker wasn’t getting released. I don’t think it was the polishing as much as I think they bent the trigger bar. You can see in the video it’s got hung up on the bar. But since the armorer manual suggested both the trigger bar and connector I figured it be safer to get all the parts at once.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It has some bend to work properly, but will drag if bent too much. Over polishing could weaken it. Or Bubba adjusted it. Or it got bent popping it in. I'm blaming Bubba.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Only pistol I carry.. That's why I'm looking into my 5th glock.

I had 5.
    got down to 3 now.
    got rid of G17 cause I shoot my Springfield Xds 3.3 9mm better...
    and sold my G20 cause I had great deal on a S&W 500 4" just because......

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I’m not sure how many rounds the previous owner put through it. Not sure why you would think it was the guide rod. firing pin spring was already replaced. Also picked up a zev skeletonized striker at the same time. After disassembly I compared the trigger bar that was in it to a new factory trigger bar I picked up. The one in my 34 looked polished compared to the new factory one. Also someone had replaced the connector with aftermarket one. I replaced it with a Glock 4.5lb connector and got a new trigger housing just to be safe. It’s running perfectly now.
    54a415d85bdd723b7dee477c5222921a.jpg
    Glad you got it running. I seriously doubt there is anything wrong with any of your parts. That tab sets overtravel and sometimes after the install parts will shift a little and the tab needs a little bit more taken off of it to allow the trigger bar to release the striker. I polish every trigger bar I install as well as everything other than the contact surfaces of the trigger bar and striker and have NO trigger issues. If you have any more issues or questions PM me and I'll be happy to help..
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO…Glock/ M&P Certified armorer[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” … Coach[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    "Glock's work, end of story" True enough
    BUT..........................................................................................................................................................
    Sigs work end of story
    S&W M&P's work end of story
    H&K's work end of story
    Walther's work end of story
    FN's work end of story
    Beretta's work end of story

Point being there ARE LOTS of HG's that work every bit as well as a Glock. Today we gun owners have more well made, accurate, reliable and affordable HG's than ever before in America's history.

crazygunner1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Kokomo
    "Glock's work, end of story" True enough
    BUT..........................................................................................................................................................
    Sigs work end of story
    S&W M&P's work end of story
    H&K's work end of story
    Walther's work end of story
    FN's work end of story
    Beretta's work end of story

Point being there ARE LOTS of HG's that work every bit as well as a Glock. Today we gun owners have more well made, accurate, reliable and affordable HG's than ever before in America's history.

So true. I am with you brother!

Top Bottom