• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marksman1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2019
    Columbus
    I consider Glock to be the Toyota Camry or Honda Accord of firearms. They aren’t very exciting, but they do the job reliably. I’ve put a lot of rounds through a few different Glocks and have zero issues. I do understand that some folks want a Mustang GT instead though.

That's the analogy I often use. Simple, inexpensive, inoffensive, reliable, effective. Lacking in frills but with the aftermarket to make them into a much more expensive machine (and in doing so typically spend more than you would have spent on the more expensive machine in the first place, often compromising the reliability inherent to the factory platform in the process).

Best Handgunz Evar is a bit of a stretch. Most PRACTICAL choice in a defensive sidearm? That's a better argument to make, IMHO, but competitors are catching up.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    "Glock's work, end of story" True enough
    BUT..........................................................................................................................................................
    Sigs work end of story
    S&W M&P's work end of story
    H&K's work end of story
    Walther's work end of story
    FN's work end of story
    Beretta's work end of story

Point being there ARE LOTS of HG's that work every bit as well as a Glock. Today we gun owners have more well made, accurate, reliable and affordable HG's than ever before in America's history.

So true! Truth be told my Glocks - G42 , G48 and G34 - have experienced more malfunctions than all my other semi-auto centerfire pistols combined. Evidently Glock Perfection is unable to fire some brands of factory FMJ ammo reliably. My G42 had issues with Federal 95 FMJ and my Gen 5 G34 with Aguila 124 FMJ. My G48 has been the most reliable of the Glocks only having one malfunction the first time at the range and has been 100% reliable ever since.

Top Bottom