• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Does anyone have good recommendations for winter gloves that work well while carrying a gun? In other words, what gloves are warm while not being bulky and allowing for good dexterity for getting a finger in the trigger guard and operating the gun well if needed? Any that have good grip for a polymer frame gun? I have some SealSkinz gloves that have nice grip and are slim and waterproof. But they're not warm. I guess they'd work until I find something better.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I really like the under-armour liner gloves, although they are not terribly warm or windproof. They are better than nothing and grip is good. I recently picked up another under-armour more tailored for winter weather but I know not what they are called.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Costco has a set of gloves made by Head that are plenty thin for weapon manipulation yet reasonably warm. They also have the pads to allow working a touch screen device and they're only $13.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I have not had good luck with Mechanix brand gloves. I have tried two different types at work and they lasted two or three weeks and then the fingers split along the seems. (I tear all my gloves up quickly, don't know why).

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I mostly use the under-armour liner gloves spoken of before, they are thin and not really all that warm but they suffice for cleaning off the car and walking around outside for limited time. I have used "mechanix like" gloves in the past, however when they get wet from dealing with snow they don't dry quickly. Thin leather gloves that fit tightly can work well. They are warmer than the UA gloves but still offer decent dexterity for weapons manipulations and drawing from what I've found.

HuntingBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    I use gloves sold by 5.11 Comfortable & keep my fingers warm. Mechanix gloves are good but I have only worn Under Armour and not used their gloves. Mechanix gloves didn't seem to work well in wet snow or rain.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Lowe's has a decent selection of Mechanix gloves. Several in stock, more to order online. Check out Lowes.com type in your zip code and see whats "in stock"

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I have gone through more pairs of gloves than I care to remember trying to balance warmth/protection/manipulation. I take them all to the range and discard them all because I shoot my handgun worse while wearing them...100% no go. One day I tried my buddies Mechanix tactical M-Pact 2 Coverts...fantastic. I shoot same wearing them than without, decent warmth, and great hand protection. LOVE them.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I use my under armor liner gloves mentioned here as well as sliding over a pair of smart wool gloves and the combination kept my hands warm while shoveling these last few days and still able to grip my EDC comfortably and securely.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I am not a glove-wearer.
    I hate gloves.
    However, when I do have to wear them...I've found something kinda nifty.
    The pair that I have are designed for using a touch screen (because most gloves are ineffective with the screen)...and these work great with being warm enough to cut the icy wind, yet still fairly thin...
    They are lined, but they don't eff with my exterior function levers (grip safety/speed bump, thumb safety, trigger take-up, etc.) because there's not much added bulk...

Isotoner SmartTouch:

spin_prod_913625512

Top Bottom