• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If it's high velocity, personally I wouldn't blink at paying that. It's higher than it used to be, but CCI is good stuff. If it's standard velocity, it would seem a tad high.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    No such thing as ammo gouging.

Gander Mountain has always been on the high end of the price curve. What you are seeing is the new high end of "normal." Why do you think the price of gas/milk/everything goes up based on the market (including inflation) but ammo will stay the same?

True with the exception of shotgun shells. I buy the Rio brand and they are less than anything I have found anywhere else.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If it's high velocity, personally I wouldn't blink at paying that. It's higher than it used to be, but CCI is good stuff. If it's standard velocity, it would seem a tad high.

No, it was standard. But like you said CCI is good stuff. My semiautomatic seems to likes it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just wait it out. There is .223 and 7.62 sitting on the shelves of wally world now and 2 months ago it would of been snatched up.. Supply will catch up and prices will drop.

+1

This thread was solved in the 7th post. The supply is coming back. If you remember all the freaked out gun buyers a couple months ago saying that the days of AR-15 rifle kits under $1K were over (exageration) and now you look at the ad PSA put out for a hammer forged kit wtih the premium bolt carrier group for under $600. The supply has caught up in the AR-15 world, now we're just waiting on the ammo to get back to where it should be. 22lr ammo will be back at $20 per 550 round brick at walmart again give or take a dollar or two.

Last edited:

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I had a gm employee tell me that 64.99 was a "really good price" for a white box winchester 100 round of .45acp.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    "Now I reload."

I don't think there's ever been a better time to start reloading. The initial equipment expense can be recovered quicker than ever if you are a high volume shooter. Of course that means nothing to a guy looking for rimfire ammo.

GM has not joined the gougers. They just set the example. However, as previously mentioned, neither could do what they do without eager buyers.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I had a gm employee tell me that 64.99 was a "really good price" for a white box winchester 100 round of .45acp.

The GM in Fort Wayne recently hand a grand re opening for their new gun dept. the Speer Lawman 124g 9mm was cheaper than the WWB. :dunno: The Speer was like $16/50 if I recall.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The GM in Fort Wayne recently hand a grand re opening for their new gun dept. the Speer Lawman 124g 9mm was cheaper than the WWB. :dunno: The Speer was like $16/50 if I recall.

At $16/50 I'd buy it all if I had a 9MM or not (I don't). But then I'd be wanting to sell it for $24 or more and that would make me a gouger!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    At $16/50 I'd buy it all if I had a 9MM or not (I don't). But then I'd be wanting to sell it for $24 or more and that would make me a gouger!

I bought my limit. Then I went back a week later and bought my limit again. Have a class coming up and not enough time to load for it. It was ouchy, but such is life.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I've seen .22LR at Walmart recently for roughly the same price as it was at GM. $7.99 for 100xCCI standard velocity at GM and $7.49 for 100xCCI hollow point.

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013

That's where I saw the .45 for 64.99. At the re-opening it was still priced at 64.99
    I didn't price any other calibers that day though, so they might be reasonable on some stuff

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    GM might be on the high side, but it's the only place I found that had any .22 LR in stock, so I got a 1000 rds. It was about $107.00. Bought some at a LGS but the limit was 2 boxes of 50 LR for $5 each, and $9 for the Stingers. I haven't see any .22 at WalMart all summer, but I found Win. 380 of 100 for $38. Heck I drove all the way to Martinsville to buy some .25.

And I'll say it again: expensive and available beats cheap and sold out every time.

Top Bottom