• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Ok if you listen to the people saying coach gun I’d look at a 410, hornady makes a round that mixes bbs and solid copper disks I think it’s called critical defense

as a pmr30 owner, I’d say no to one for her! For the first thousand rounds I had at least 1 jam per magazine and sometimes more than one!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Hornady makes a .22 WMR Critical Defense round. 45 gr FTX. Saw it mentioned in an article on SD ammo a while back. It will create the "oh ****, I've been shot" factor.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok if you listen to the people saying coach gun I’d look at a 410, hornady makes a round that mixes bbs and solid copper disks I think it’s called critical defense

as a pmr30 owner, I’d say no to one for her! For the first thousand rounds I had at least 1 jam per magazine and sometimes more than one!

If I was going to offer up a suggestion it might even involve a Henry Axe, Lever action, 410 and from what I have seen of it looks like it has a nice grip. Not sure if it’s a Pistol? Or if both Long guns and pistols have to be registered in MI.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    And everyone knows you don't even have to aim a shotgun, just point it and shoot, plus as we know from Independence Day, ( Judd Hirsch) you have to rack a double barrel shotgun....Sorry the above should have been in purple.....

If I recall crazy Joe even advised using your blaster through a closed door?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    it’s kind of a hike, that’s why I was hoping to be able to find a good LGS, Range to send her to. I suppose if it comes down to it my wife could go up there for a few days.

We have a history, since day one that my wife and I married. So I am trying to tread lightly. But after almost 20 years the whole you won’t make it past a year no longer holds water.
    I get it. My grandmother only warmed to my father when she was on her deathbed.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Yeah sad, she has never will admit she may have misjudged, or have been wrong.
    Look at it this way: if you've proven her wrong, does she really have to admit it? Why give her that final victory of never acknowledging her error?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Mossberg Shockwave in .410 bore.
    5 shots of self defense rounds in quick succession, and very easy to wield.
    It's also NOT a handgun, it's a "firearm" so no classes required, unless they require classes for long guns too.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Look at it this way: if you've proven her wrong, does she really have to admit it? Why give her that final victory of never acknowledging her error?

True....important thing is we are where we are. I would guess some couples would not have made it through some of life’s trials we have been through. 120k in med Bills when my son was born, Etc. We are very blessed.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Mossberg Shockwave in .410 bore.
    5 shots of self defense rounds in quick succession, and very easy to wield.
    It's also NOT a handgun, it's a "firearm" so no classes required, unless they require classes for long guns too.

I think that’s where it gets fuzzy? Technically I am not sure if it is considered a long gun? If it comes down to It I will check the statutes on line for clarity.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    True....important thing is we are where we are. I would guess some couples would not have made it through some of life’s trials we have been through. 120k in med Bills when my son was born, Etc. We are very blessed.
    Let your revenge be the laughter of your children. You and your wife can celebrate generations stretching into the future, because you knew you were right.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I'll throw a few out there. A hand gun for someone with limited grip/arm strength I'd seriously consider the S&W shield E-Z in either .380 or 9mm. I have yet to see a person at the store who couldn't rack the slide or depress the follower on the magazines to load it. If your looking at a shot gun a Mossberg 500 Tactical in 20 Ga. (Actually any dependable 18 to 20 inch barreled shotgun in 20 Ga. I just like Mossbergs.)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The queen of you do not need more than 3 rounds regardless of application and environment has now decided she needs a home defense gun.
    Thoughts

DSC_7187_phatchfinal_phatchjpeg-1086x610.1511985653.jpg

It's perfect.

Though, realistically, I'd recommend a beretta CX4 storm. It's going to be about as practical of an option as is possible for someone with very limited firearms experience, to still be able to use confidently.

What ever you do, do not give or advise an inexperienced person to get a shotgun, handgun, or worst of all, a pistol grip only shotgun.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    DSC_7187_phatchfinal_phatchjpeg-1086x610.1511985653.jpg

It's perfect.

Though, realistically, I'd recommend a beretta CX4 storm. It's going to be about as practical of an option as is possible for someone with very limited firearms experience, to still be able to use confidently.

What ever you do, do not give or advise an inexperienced person to get a shotgun, handgun, or worst of all, a pistol grip only shotgun.

That gun is magnificent.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you cannot get across safe firearms handling, you could be doing more damage than good.

Some folks just cannot get around themselves and can not or will not likely ever have the mental acumen to learn.

I have a couple acquaintances that I just WOULD NOT assist to arm themselves or better arm themselves.

Sometime abstinence is the best solution. "I'm sorry, I cannot help you..."

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ruger LCR in 22lr has 8 shots. Is light weight and basically no recoil, has a smooth trigger pull. They also have it in 22 magnum 6 shot. If low recoil light weight and rimfire is the choice she might consider the LCR.

Top Bottom