• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I'm thinking of buying a .22 pistol. I was wondering what ones to stay away from and which ones function well with bulk .22 ammo. I like the ISSC( even though i would be using CCI ammo)because I shoot glocks but the 1911-22 look promising. So what are a few good pistols and not really looking for a revolver.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    If your a general Plinker, Most brands out there give good account of themselves, the Browning buckmark, Ruger Mk?'s, Walther P22, GSG 1911, Smith 22's, if your looking for a target 22 the Smith 41 is top notch

the Beretta Neos looks neat but the 2 I've had experience with have terrible beyond layerproof triggers,

Everyone has their favorite but your in luck the major brands all are putting out fine pistols, I would look for one with good adjustable sights But also have a built in Scope rail, that way you have the option, I like as much steel as I can get in a 22 for durabilty but my P22 Walter hasn't shown any problems.

Get around some shooters and shoot thiers, If you can wait till the fall the HHRP indoor matches are good places to look at 22 pistols

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I'm a fan of the Rugers - the 22/45s especially. The new ones take a little tweaking to get right for me (I don't like the magazine safety or the lack of a drop-free magazine), but they're solid guns.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Ruger 22/45 bullbarrels. Ive seen some cool holsters for these guns too. The other thing i like is how many different types of grips there are for this gun. Loads. Excellent training gun too.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    For affordable 22 autos:

Ruger Mark 3
    Browning Buckmark
    Walther P22

in that order - I own all 3 - all are excellent in their own way. My favorite is Ruger. It is also the most accurate - at least in my shakey hand;)

For higher end guns:
    Beretta Cheetah in 22LR cannot be beat but they are pricey. I have one and it is simply a dream. Just look at her:D

14xp7if.jpg

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    That beretta is sweet, but is pricey for I want at the moment. I think the ruger or the smith 22a might be the front runners

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    That beretta is sweet, but is pricey for I want at the moment. I think the ruger or the smith 22a might be the front runners

Understand completely! If I were you I would go Ruger over the Smith 22a. IMHO the Smith pales in comparison. I love S&W - in fact I own several revolvers and a 4506 that I love but I am not impressed with the 22a in any way.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I have a Ruger MKIII 22/45 and I like it because the slide release and the safety are in the same spot as my 1911. I also have a GSG1911 -22 and I like it alot too! Next Indy 1500 im getting me a Huntertown Arms 22 can from 21st Century for it.

TRAPPERDAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    I recently bought a GSG 1911 .22 from CENTURY21, What a nice gun for the money, ambi safety, adj trigger, nice balance, shoots well, Sig/Sauer 220 Classic .22 is also a nice choice.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I just love my Ruger MKIII 22/45. It's been great. Accurate as can be.

I sold a Taurus Tracker .357 and used the money to buy my .22

I just decided I needed something cheaper to shoot so I could get in an hour of range time without it costing me $100 worth of ammo.

The breakdown on it is complicated, but as long as you hold on to the manual it's easy to do. I put a cheap $30 BSA RedDot on it from walmart and I couldn't be happier.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    No problems. I use CCI Mini Mag 40 grain

That's awesome. All the reviews I seen on YouTube bashed this gun, but they did say the only ammo that worked was the CCI. So from what I've read I might be down to 2. The ruger or ISSC ( only because I shoot glocks), or I could just get both:D.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I really enjoy shooting my Ruger MK II, it's the huge stainless 10" bull barreled monster & it's so accurate that I only shoot it at the 50 yard stations because anything closer would be like cheating.

I bet if I put a scope on it it'd probably easily shoot nice tight groups at 100 yards.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

Smith and Wesson has the new MP22 allegedly coming out this month. Might be worth a look.

I had a Ruger Mark II years ago....great gun. One I am considering for the kids as well.

Top Bottom