• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    true I'm speaking in generalities though not your specific knives.

Ah, sorry to get confused. I'm trying to learn about those properties that affect what I'm slicing, like thickness/material and grinds. My dozier collection is interesting because they are all the same basic knife but slightly different sizes, blade shapes, thicknesses, and materials. The newer ones are definitely better cutters. I heard they improved the material, and the shape of the blade is different, more drop-point. Still, I usually just use whichever one is with me. Which brings us back on topic - you gotta have a knife in every bag!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I appreciate all the info guys! I have wondered for a long time what makes the big difference beween the folders. A lot of the folders I have seen for $50+ look as good as the $100+ folders I have seen. That has always been a major hold back for me on dropping any real money on a nice folder. My $20 RAT folder has done me well and has AUS8 steel.

Now, I know this is dumb but I just can't seem to like a knife that I look at and it doesn't look good to me. The Spyderco knives have always been a knife that I look at like this. There is something about that design that I just don't like. Also, if someone has a knife to suggest then please make sure it does not have serrations. I am not a fan of trying to sharpen those things at all.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom