• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Cant be a 45. He survived long enough to get to the hospital. If it were a 45, he would have been dead before he hit the ground.

This is very true, .45acp will blow your arm clean off.

(i didn't put that in purple because a staff sergeant at the all ranks club said that was a "matter of fact" lol)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is very true, .45acp will blow your arm clean off.

(i didn't put that in purple because a staff sergeant at the all ranks club said that was a "matter of fact" lol)
    SSgts do know everything. A SSgt told me that so it must be true. All ranks club means there could've been an officer in the area, if it was a Lt it negates the "matter of fact".

Serious note: good on the armed citizen.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    How could it not be traumatic for the shooter...wow. What she put herslef through to save the CO. God bless her.

Absolutely! She should be freely given all the "after-care" and support she needs for overcoming a traumatic event. God bless he for sure...and thanks to God she and the CO are ok!

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I suspect that this will be deemed fully justified.
    As far as I'm concerned, waiting for a perp fighting a cop long enough to grab said cop's gun isn't exactly sound methodology for predicating one's decision to use deadly force.

Yes, as bad as the idea of waiting for the perp to get his hands on the CO's gun is , allowing the perp, who was apparently getting the best of the CO, to continue pounding on him is just as bad. Any blow to the head can do serious harm and the more hits one takes the more likely it is serious damage will occur.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I am thankful that the citizen and the CO are both (physically) ok, and pray for the best for both of them in the aftermath of this situation.

Also, I am very hopeful that the citizen's actions will be found to be reasonable.

The best way not to get oneself hurt or killed is to not fight with the police. This guy entirely brought this upon himself.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I am thankful that the citizen and the CO are both (physically) ok, and pray for the best for both of them in the aftermath of this situation.

Also, I am very hopeful that the citizen's actions will be found to be reasonable.

The best way not to get oneself hurt or killed is to not fight with the police. This guy entirely brought this upon himself.

HATER!!! He was a good boy, turning his life around, member of the choir, took out his mommas trash, yadda, yadda, yadda. Ad nauseum.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Know the girl and have worked with her father for 40 years,also know the C.O. All good people.Don't know any details.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Wow. One shot.
    And, possibly, in close proximity to a good guy. Either a very well-aimed shot or a very lucky shot. Lucky for the CO that she didn't shoot him instead of the bad guy. Imagine how the anti-gun folks would have spun this if her bullet had found the wrong target.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    And, possibly, in close proximity to a good guy. Either a very well-aimed shot or a very lucky shot. Lucky for the CO that she didn't shoot him instead of the bad guy. Imagine how the anti-gun folks would have spun this if her bullet had found the wrong target.

Hush now. Your harshing my mellow.

Top Bottom