• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And, possibly, in close proximity to a good guy. Either a very well-aimed shot or a very lucky shot. Lucky for the CO that she didn't shoot him instead of the bad guy. Imagine how the anti-gun folks would have spun this if her bullet had found the wrong target.

Things go wrong sometimes. Things went right for the citizen and the officer. Not so right for the aggressor.

The leftist gun control zealots will complain either way. They think it's immoral to defend yourself or others with deadly force. It doesn't matter who is the aggressor. It's just a completely different mindset. But if she had shot the wrong person, they'd sure use that to disparage self-defense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One other thing. Because the anti-gun zealots have that world view, they look at comments like what we're making in this thread, and conclude that we're celebrating the death of a human being. I think of how my in-laws would take this thread. They would see it as us celebrating a shooting as the hypocrisy of people who are likely pro-life, as if we were all saying, "**** yeah man, she wasted that sucker! Whoo hoo! Yay, he's dead. Hope he suffered. He deserved it."

It doesn't occur to them that it's not a celebration of death. It IS a pro-life position. It's a celebration of good triumphing over evil, and the survival of innocent life. It's also recognition of yet another data point where innocent people survived potentially deadly aggression using a tool that we advocate.

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    It needs to be instilled in everyone, good and bad that if you fight with the cops, things will go bad for you. Sometimes way bad.

Hopefully she was doing the right thing for the right reason and is rewarded with praise for her efforts.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    And, possibly, in close proximity to a good guy. Either a very well-aimed shot or a very lucky shot. Lucky for the CO that she didn't shoot him instead of the bad guy. Imagine how the anti-gun folks would have spun this if her bullet had found the wrong target.

And if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass! I understand what you are getting at, but we don't need to "what if?" this one, thankfully.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    One other thing. Because the anti-gun zealots have that world view, they look at comments like what we're making in this thread, and conclude that we're celebrating the death of a human being. I think of how my in-laws would take this thread. They would see it as us celebrating a shooting as the hypocrisy of people who are likely pro-life, as if we were all saying, "**** yeah man, she wasted that sucker! Whoo hoo! Yay, he's dead. Hope he suffered. He deserved it."

It doesn't occur to them that it's not a celebration of death. It IS a pro-life position. It's a celebration of good triumphing over evil, and the survival of innocent life. It's also recognition of yet another data point where innocent people survived potentially deadly aggression using a tool that we advocate.

This^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^and This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

One of the best ways I've heard it said, bad guy decided someone was going to die, good guy made sure it wasn't them.

Top Bottom