• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    And to all who have negative repped me for saying you can't learn to be a 1911 gunsmith on YouTube..nyahh, nyahh.

Well......Bully! :): And, besides, you are missing three "nyahhs." :):

True 1911 gunsmiths are exceedingly few and very far between. Neil is one of those very few.

See you at the range, Sunday, I hope.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd have installed it myself, and not screwed it up.
    And I'm a nobody.
    Not a gunsmith either.
    IMHO this was not a tough job. No excuse for the bubbawork.

I have refrained from being critical about this but really.......a safety feature is not to be cobbled or Bubba'd in any way. Just ignorant.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I have refrained from being critical about this but really.......a safety feature is not to be cobbled or Bubba'd in any way. Just ignorant.

I do know that you can't beat a man at his own game.. Some think that they can, but it's just not true.. waaa2

How loud is the bang, when you flick off the safety ????

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I do know that you can't beat a man at his own game.. Some think that they can, but it's just not true.. waaa2

How loud is the bang, when you flick off the safety ????

I had an RIA that went bang when I thumbed the safety. Thank God I was on the line pointing down range. Scared the crap out of me. Poorly fit safety.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    UPDATE.....

Just got my 1911 back from Neil after he installed a brand new, unmolested Ed Brown Safety.

WOW this feels great. :yesway: Neil knows his stuff. The detents feel better and it feels like a good, tight, strong fit.

The safety seems good and firm now and neither the trigger nor the hammer will budge when function checked.

I am looking forward to getting some range time with this cheapo 1911. It has gone from an uncomfortable gun that I was pondering in selling to possibly one of my favorite guns. It is amazing how much the ambi side of the factory safety was messing things up for me.

Now the goal is to find time between the 1st and 2nd job to get to the range.......... :D

Top Bottom