• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I have the worst internet in the county. I am stuck with Centurylink (CenturyStink) for my land line phone. So I buy my DSL from them. It's advertised as 10 Mbit, but it's really only 6 Mbit. I pay about $25 a month for it...but I have to say it's almost always up. They use some really crappy DSL modems so they replace mine about once a year. Nevertheless I can stream two TV's via Roku 3's and I have no problems. Would love to have higher speed but honestly I don't know what I'd do with it. My surfing is minimal, I use less than 300K of data on my phone per month...we just use it for email, FB and TV now.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    We cut the cord about 6 years ago and never looked back. No regrets here. AT&T coverage is terrible too. We just ditched them for cell phone service too. The last straw was when we moved to our new house in Mooresville and had no reception. Verizon is so much better.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    Unfortunately AT&T was the best bad option for wifi, but REMC is bringing out high speed fiber now so I will be switching to that asap.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Got the Endeavor fiber service box mounted on the house the other day. Saw them pulling fiber at the end of the street today. Counting down the days until ATT can get unplugged.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Like so many others, they get big on good service, and then forget why folks gave them all that money to start with. Only thinking of ways to bilk the customer out of a little more. I don't miss them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Like so many others, they get big on good service, and then forget why folks gave them all that money to start with. Only thinking of ways to bilk the customer out of a little more. I don't miss them.

I just attempted to talk with the Dish people. Chuck from God knows where but not here was not in the least understandable. Not at all. I finally hug up. I hate this off shore service crap.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I was proud of the great work I did for A.T.&T.
    I trouble shot the megacom service. 800# and watts.
    I received many letters for customers thanking me for the service I did.
    TODAY i hide that fact and wonder how it survives another day.
    Today I am with out "CBS".

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just attempted to talk with the Dish people. Chuck from God knows where but not here was not in the least understandable. Not at all. I finally hug up. I hate this off shore service crap.

My wife cracks me up...

"Excuse me, but could you get someone on the phone that can speak English?"

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    AT&T lost 946,000 TV subscribers in Q2 2019, a loss that the company attributed to price increases, competition, and other factors. AT&T reported a net loss of 778,000 subscribers in the "Premium TV" category, which includes its DirecTV satellite and U-verse wireline TV services. AT&T attributed this loss to "an increase in customers rolling off promotional discounts, competition, and lower gross adds due to a focus on the long-term value customer base."

So lets say those 946,000 customers paid an average of $50 a month. That's $567,000,000 PLUS a year in lost revenue. How long can they survive?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    AT&T lost 946,000 TV subscribers in Q2 2019, a loss that the company attributed to price increases, competition, and other factors. AT&T reported a net loss of 778,000 subscribers in the "Premium TV" category, which includes its DirecTV satellite and U-verse wireline TV services. AT&T attributed this loss to "an increase in customers rolling off promotional discounts, competition, and lower gross adds due to a focus on the long-term value customer base."

So lets say those 946,000 customers paid an average of $50 a month. That's $567,000,000 PLUS a year in lost revenue. How long can they survive?

They pay a heck of a lot more than that my friend.
    AT&T is so far off base on their reasoning.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel

Yeah, when you increase the price it may lose you a few, but when you increase the price and suck so hard, you damn right you're going to lose.
    When competition is just an alternative, you get some churn, but when competition constitutes something that doesn't suck so hard, you know the deal.
    Other factors? The biggest factor, that oozes through the whole thing, is sucking so hard.
    The "premium TV" sucks just as hard as everything else, like that paper view problem my mom kept having. She just won't leave because she never listens to me.
    Lower gross adds? What kind of brainstem would it take to voluntarily become a customer if they do the least bit of research on how hard you suck?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was told by the lady at the UPS store to save all of my shipping info on the DVR/remotes etc just because AT&T will try and bill me.

They did. For another month and the equipment. After a long and fruitless argument on the phone I went to the local AT&T store and showed them the documentation and service cut off dates.

They have just gotten too big. Just like the Fed. Gov.

I was told the same thing. If they try to bill me im gonna find an indian translator to curse them out over the phone .
    Ive had att uverse, internet, security, and then directv for so long that we werent under contract for any of it. I canceled it all.
    I was one of the first customers for fiber ooptic in my area. Litteraly as soon as the dude was climbing off the pole I was upgrading. It worked great for a while then the typical ATT glitches started. Sucked so bad.
    Bye bye ATT. I was paying them so much damn money per month too. I had the highest package they offered and even a couple upgrades on top of that. Youd think everything would already have been included, nope.
    Customer service was ok if you got someone in America. Seems like recently everyone is in india. Screw that.
    I wont regret saying goodbye to ATT but they still arent as terrible as comcast years ago. I would rather rub nair on my balls than deal with comcast ever again

Injess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Columbus
    Is there a good place in Indiana that sells an antenna mast? I see a lot of the triangular one's on people's houses.

Top Bottom