• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • judgecrater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    We dropped cable years ago. For $8.99/month we enjoy Netflix. It has everything we want. For news we just go to the internet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We closed out with AT&T 1st week of June. Asked specifically we were all good nothing owed. Answer was yes.

Friday we get a bill. $56 for some kind of equipment fee's. Today me and "RICK" from some offshore land went at it pretty hard. I have a call in with an English speaking supervisor. Screw them.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Little known fact, AT&T stopped prorating service when you cancel a while back. Given that all accounts are post paid accounts you'll almost always have a bill due after you close out with them. How they get to do that is beyond me. Haven't had to deal with it yet so I don't know if persistence will get them to credit you for the service you didn't use.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Cancelled the jack wagons a couple months ago and last month I get a bill. Call them up and turns out they forgot to cancel the account and should be taken care of. Now this month I get a bill that says I'm past due but the balance shows a credit of $11 and change. What the hell they cannot even cancel an account correctly, guess I'll have to call them again!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Cancelled the jack wagons a couple months ago and last month I get a bill. Call them up and turns out they forgot to cancel the account and should be taken care of. Now this month I get a bill that says I'm past due but the balance shows a credit of $11 and change. What the hell they cannot even cancel an account correctly, guess I'll have to call them again!

You should send them a notice saying they are past due in issuing you the refund you have coming for your credit!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This thread is an eye-opener!
    A month ago I spent much time on the phone downgrading my ATT cable to save $25/mo. (after it raised $50/mo. b/c my 2 yr. promotion was over).
    I can get Comcast internet in my neighborhood, and will when I figure out which streaming service (s) to get so as to get my nature, animal, space and documentary channels. Got to have HGTV & Hallmark to keep the wife happy.
    Right now I already gave up my Smithsonian channel, but still have most of the others I like.
    I will hate to give up my hundreds of hours of recordings (very handy) that I got with ATT when I switched from Comcast b/c it got too high.
    I'm waiting for my geek son-in-law to come for a visit and help me figure it all out.
    My daughter (39 yrs. old) cut the cord 3-4 yrs. ago, and my son (34 yrs. old) has never had cable.
    She commented that it costs about as much with multiple streaming services as did having cable.
    That's what I found out before it raised up $30/month, now I need to deal with it and say goodbye to being spoiled.
    My Internet only costs $30/mo., and my cable (with $20/mo. taxes and fees) was $90/mo. = $120/mo. for the last 2 yrs.
    Now my Internet is still only $30, but my cable with taxes and fees is $120/mo. = $150/month total.
    Saw this online just now when I was checking into a Netflix streaming article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/how...-streaming-services-after-raising-prices.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/15/how...-streaming-services-after-raising-prices.html

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Little known fact, AT&T stopped prorating service when you cancel a while back. Given that all accounts are post paid accounts you'll almost always have a bill due after you close out with them. How they get to do that is beyond me. Haven't had to deal with it yet so I don't know if persistence will get them to credit you for the service you didn't use.

Today I get the call back from an obviously well spoken individual. I could understand him. We did the usual pleasantry's and then went at it.
    There were 2 tablets attached to this account. The bill was for them. I asked why they had not been canceled when the account was closed besides 1 of them was unable to access the internet for the last 3 months we had the account open. They were aware but nothing done. Freaking joke. I left him knowing where they could insert the last bill they sent.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    We were with Brighthouse, then Spectrum, then AT&T and now we're with Direct TV with a dish (just 2 days so far). Not my choice on any of them, wife's idea.
    I put up an antenna so we wouldn't get caught without a TV again. I only watch Fox News and the Science channel some times, although I have recently discovered the OAN, One America News channel and so far I like it. Anyway, I would just as well get rid of all of them and save the money, about $150 mo. but wife won't do it. I do not yet know the monthly total on Direct TV.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    We had our July 4th vacation in Canada. Called ATT customer service 3 weeks ahead of time to confirm we would be using their international day-pass to cover our phone and data while in Canada.
    We were told "No Problem".

The day we came back from Canada, I called CS again to confirm we are back.

2 weeks later the bill came, $350 of extra charges.

I had to make the 3rd call to get the bill straightened out.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I cut the cable a few months ago. Had Comcast/Xfinity service. After my contract expired, the bill just kept going up.
    I now have Roku and YouTube TV. Has everything I watch(except the History Channel) for $50/month and after I cancelled my cable TV, Comcast cut my internet bill by more than half.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    We have a batch of nimby soccer moms up here menstruating about the 5G cells that are being put in. They're afraid of them being across the street from schools. How are these dumbfounded nitwits supposed to call 911 while cowering under a desk if they can't get a signal?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We have a batch of nimby soccer moms up here menstruating about the 5G cells that are being put in. They're afraid of them being across the street from schools. How are these dumbfounded nitwits supposed to call 911 while cowering under a desk if they can't get a signal?
    Meh... At the frequency 5G operates, the signal won't make it more than a couple 100 meters (yards, for you Neanderthals). Won't hardly penetrate the building, either. The schools are safe.

Besides, the kiddos are already saturated with wifi radiation. No one seems to mind.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Meh... At the frequency 5G operates, the signal won't make it more than a couple 100 meters (yards, for you Neanderthals). Won't hardly penetrate the building, either. The schools are safe.

Besides, the kiddos are already saturated with wifi radiation. No one seems to mind.
    Pffft, now you're talking physics and facts. Most people revert to "I don't understand radio waves, they must be the source of my problems...."

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Pffft, now you're talking physics and facts. Most people revert to "I don't understand radio waves, they must be the source of my problems...."
    Yeah. They waffle back and forth between "turn up the G's! I need my Interwebs!" and "I don't want the cancer! Don't put an antennae there!".

Voodoo magic.

Top Bottom