• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    For our NWI members, or anyone passing through, just a heads up about Goodfella's Bar & Grill on US 41 in Cedar Lake. They have a no gun policy, although you wouldn't know it from the decor. Thompson Tommy gun behind the bar, some sawed off shotguns mounted on the walls. They like the mobster decor. Not a bad place, the food is pretty good actually.

I had lunch there today. Was OCing, after I took my coat off. Sat down. Waitress took the order. Later on, a male employee from the kitchen brings the order out. Asks me if I am an officer. I say no. He says you can't have a gun in here. So I say OK, take the gun out to the truck. Come back. As the waitress to have the guy come back out to the table. I told him that if you're going to have a no gun policy, you should probably post a sign as such. He pointed to a small sign behind the bar. I told him that doesn't do much good for patrons entering the establishment. He said I just work here. I said, you might want to mention to your boss that he should post a sign at the entrance, and by the way mention to your boss that he just lost a customer. He had a bit of the deer in the headlights look and said OK and left.

I didn't want to take it out on the waitress so I left her a generous tip. But won't be going back.

I have eaten there several times before, nobody ever said a word.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That's why its good to have a couple "No Guns/No Money" cards in your wallet. Situations like this they are appropriate.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's why its good to have a couple "No Guns/No Money" cards in your wallet. Situations like this they are appropriate.

Absolutely. I keep one in my wallet and spares in the center console of my car.

None of your damn business.

I prefer "I'm sorry, I'm not at liberty to discuss that." or "I'm head of security for a very important (insert location) family." (and if he asks which one "I'm sorry, my boss prefers I not disclose that, but I assure you they are VERY important") If he gave you a deer in a headlights look for your response, both of those would probably cause him to walk away confused, and not molest you any longer. :):

Indiana lineman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    south of the river
    littering-and-SMOKING-THE-REEFER.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I can understand having a no guns policy in night clubs and bars, but I can't understand having one at a restaurant.

Because corporate heads who live in gated communities within small financially exclusive towns that have their own police departments don't see the need for personal protection

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Because corporate heads who live in gated communities within small financially exclusive towns that have their own police departments don't see the need for personal protection
    In their defense, I think that IF they think about this at all it is from a monetary/liability standpoint.

Doesn't make it any more right though.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Two words. "Off Duty" nothing wrong with saying that and I have a couple times when spotted while ccing. Never said I was a police officer or anything. Just that I'm off duty.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "He says you can't have a gun in here. So I say OK, [STRIKE]take the gun out to the truck. . .[/STRIKE] and got up and left."

Shouldn't have had to but I fixed it for you.:nono:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    IBSLACCG. (In Before Someone Lobs A CC Grenade) into the thread.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    No Guns/No Money

. I didn't want to take it out on the waitress so I left her a generous tip

Why a generous tip? The tiny sign behind the bar was not what got you in trouble, it was your waitress getting her panties in a twist because she saw a scary gun. She didn't want the gun in her sight, she shouldn't be rewarded for running to the kitchen to tattle tail.

Not saying you should tip her zero, but certainly not generous. Compute the tip, round down, maybe let her know why.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, I wouldn't have had that problem because I always CC....

A couple of other things. Agree with Femurphy, I would have told them fine, cancel my meal as I am leaving.
    Next, why would I not want to carry in a bar with all the potentially violent drunks. I would want to be armed more in there than in a restaurant.

Top Bottom