• ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    a) Use the duck
    b) Google's search algorithm moves results up/down all the time. Things like popularity, cross-linking with other sites, and yes, how Google "feels" about a topic/site. Same for any search engine, though, they each have their own algorithm.
    c) Search results are easily manipulated as well. There is an entire market for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Companies routinely update their sites to move above their competitors in search results.
    d) Just use the duck.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just tried it and INGO was the third result on page 1 :dunno:

Some things have changed dramatically with searches in the last few days on youtube. Steven Crowder and a bunch of other people demonstrated that youtube was selectively suppressing his channel and videos in the search. When they went public about it with evidence, in a couple of days the search was mysteriously "fixed" and you find him as you would expect.

Google is the parent company of youtube and it's likely they share tech and 100% guaranteed they have the same socio-political agenda. They've been tailoring results of searches for a long time, but as we get closer to the 2020 election, they're ramping-up their plans to influence the election by controlling how the information flows to the people who use their service. It's not only possible, but likely that that they reversed some changes in tandem with what they un-did on youtube.

Given that, we all know that searches on engines that save your history are affected in less ominous ways and the exact text used for a search can change things as well. It's possible most of what we see in different results is related primarily to more benign intent. However, in this case I'm inclined to believe it was intentional and when it was obvious they were busted, they change it bac.

I also recognize a strong potential for all of this to be directly attributable to employees with their own agendae who were doing this of their own accord and not at the direction of or with the overt support of Google.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    6 months ago, this website was consistently in the first 3 choices when goolge searching "Ingo". I use the Brave browser, which is still utilising chromium framework and Google search functions, but I have all Security/tracking setting to limit the information kept. I don't mind topping 4 letters and scrolling to connect to into...I guess I'm a little old school that way...

Well, it could be that the INGO money thingy that pops up there now is either (A) more popular, or (B) paid money to get pushed up the list.

Top Bottom