Got another drunk off the road last night.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was driving my rig on US 131 last night just south of Schoolcraft, MI and a pickup pulled out in front of me. Fast slow and all over the road. Called 911 and gave them the location and description of the vehicle. The guy was flying. I couldn't keep a somewhat close tail because I had to stop at the RR crossings (Hazmat) . By the time I got to the north side of town, local PD had him pulled over and cuffed! I talked to the officer later that night while I was delivering in Schoolcraft and he said the guy had run over a curb while he was being pulled over and blew a .27! He qualifies for the "Super drunk driving" penalties.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I was driving my rig on US 131 last night just south of Schoolcraft, MI and a pickup pulled out in front of me. Fast slow and all over the road. Called 911 and gave them the location and description of the vehicle. The guy was flying. I couldn't keep a somewhat close tail because I had to stop at the RR crossings (Hazmat) . By the time I got to the north side of town, local PD had him pulled over and cuffed! I talked to the officer later that night while I was delivering in Schoolcraft and he said the guy had run over a curb while he was being pulled over and blew a .27! He qualifies for the "Super drunk driving" penalties.

Smoking the curb in the initiation of the traffic stop usually means you are soon to be screwed. Good work on your part for helping keep innocent folks safe!

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ive only called in once, but the dude was nuts. speeds from 35-90 on the highway. i lived in a rural tennessee town in Appalachia and it took em 20 mins to finally get a car to us. was coming from Knoxville and he passed thru two towns before they finally got him.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Nicely done. I've done the same myself at one point. I do think the whole .08 crowd is kinda ridiculous for putting people away at .09, but I also think that people who are ridiculously impaired deserve whatever they get.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    in before the "snitches get stitches" comments.

I see a lot of room for interpretation with that concept. There are some people who would call in if they saw someone having a sneeze-induced wobble and otherwise driving without any issue. Even most of us who are no fans of traffic enforcement in most cases are happy to be relieved of those who are indeed dangerous.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

My rig is a 34 wheeler weighing in at 125,000 pounds when filled with 13,400 gallons of gasoline. ANY kind of accident has the potential to wipeout a city block or so. I take every precaution to prevent this so I get home safe everyday. And so your loved ones driving around me do also!

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

Snitching: it's now a spectator sport? :dunno:

:ingo:

Next time convince him he's in the twilight zone by flashing your hazards at him until he swerves off the road and then you will have successfully gotten him off the road without further intervention, OP. :popcorn:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I call in impaired drivers whenever I see them. I have no use for buzzed drivers. If you want to be stupid, I don't have a problem with that...just be stupid at home. Stay off the road.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Glad to hear that one more individual who issues poor judgement is off the road. Unfortunately around here that may be temprorary only. They just keep driving no matter if they have the license or not.

Top Bottom