Got another drunk off the road last night.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Who?

Who did he hurt?
    Well never themselves of course. Could have killed my family, could have killed you. If not this time then next time. He could have hurt the OP. He could have made it home AGAIN. DWI is like waving your howitzer around with your finger on the firing controls with your eyes closed, hoping it doesn't go off so you can do it again tomorrow. Until the law of averages catches up to you. Good Job OP keep it up.:twocents:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Well never themselves of course. Could have killed my family, could have killed you. If not this time then next time. He could have hurt the OP. He could have made it home AGAIN. DWI is like waving your howitzer around with your finger on the firing controls with your eyes closed, hoping it doesn't go off so you can do it again tomorrow. Until the law of averages catches up to you. Good Job OP keep it up.:twocents:
    I am drinking waving 2 guns around right now in the privacy of my own home,and participating on a forum, when should the police come arrest me for endangering my neighbors? Yes, I know seems a little far fetched, but it started somewhere..

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am drinking waving 2 guns around right now in the privacy of my own home,and participating on a forum, when should the police come arrest me for endangering my neighbors? Yes, I know seems a little far fetched, but it started somewhere..

Not quite the same thing.

The drunk driver was hurtling around on the public streets with a projectile having more kinetic energy than all the ammunition I can carry.

It would be more comparable if you were standing in the street randomly shooting 12 gauge slugs and .308's.

Without eye and ear protection.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Home

Home is the place for that! well except the waving of loaded guns. If you choose to play that way, be careful and use frangible ammo so you only can destroy your crap and hurt yourself Then Go for it Have a good time. If you like to drink in public, great! BE AN ADULT about it and take responsibility for your actions, Cab, DD, Walk, whatever just don't drive.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Nice job!

I've only had to call in an impaired driver once. Sadly, they didn't find him soon enough. I actually caught up to him before LE (and ambulance) arrived (he had passed me in a no passing zone (uphill and blind curve), running the on-coming traffic off the road in the process). He had managed to head-on a pick-up truck. The force of the collision and the relative momentum of each vehicle spun them around to face the direction opposite of their initial travel. And they were a good 20-30 feet apart. And the little snot was just feet from going over the bridge to the creek about 40ft below.

Turns how he was hopped up on a cocktail of Xanax and other stuff.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I think that Bunnykid68 just loves windin you guys up. I suspect that he is just cute and fuzzy. Ohh and poops little pellets too. ;)

Seriously, Thanks to the OP good deed was done by you, and a good job was done by the LEO. :ingo:

And as for Bunnykid STAY AWAY FROM MY MOM!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Not quite the same thing.

The drunk driver was hurtling around on the public streets with a projectile having more kinetic energy than all the ammunition I can carry.

It would be more comparable if you were standing in the street randomly shooting 12 gauge slugs and .308's.

Without eye and ear protection.

OK, forgot to mention I was firing off hundreds of rounds as well using a suppressor. No sirens yet, guess I didnt hit anyone.

I think that Bunnykid68 just loves windin you guys up. I suspect that he is just cute and fuzzy. Ohh and poops little pellets too. ;)

Seriously, Thanks to the OP good deed was done by you, and a good job was done by the LEO. :ingo:

And as for Bunnykid STAY AWAY FROM MY MOM!

I do love winding guys up, but just to make them think about crimes that have no injured party. It would be like charging me because I almost punched you in the face. Where is the injured party and how much authority do we continue to give to the State for the betterment of the people? The State is a corporation kind of like Ely Lily, can Ely Lily sue me for almost breaking their windows?

Yeah, Yeah, I know driving drunk is dangerous, so is driving half asleep or with your friggin eyes closed, but driving half asleep or with your eyes are ok until you cause someone damage,

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    OK, forgot to mention I was firing off hundreds of rounds as well using a suppressor. No sirens yet, guess I didnt hit anyone.

Yeah, Yeah, I know driving drunk is dangerous, so is driving half asleep or with your friggin eyes closed, but driving half asleep or with your eyes are ok until you cause someone damage,

You probably run with scissors too, silly wabbit.

Thanks, OP. I think anyone whose driving creates a hazard needs to be pulled over. Whether it's because they are three sheets to the wind, sleepy, ignorant, or too busy playing with their...{ahem}...phones to drive.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Who did he hurt?

How would you respond if you were at the range when I showed up and started reloading on the bench behind your back while you were shooting? Or if I muzzle swept you while talking to one of my buddies?

Sure these things are in violation of range rules, but I haven't shot anyone yet. And technically I haven't broken any laws, surely reasonable people would agree that I presented a risk to all in attendance.

My guess is that you would probably bunny hop over and offer a provide me with a vigorous a$$ whoppin:abused:. In addition I think that you would report me to a range officer expecting that he/she would do the same. At that point I would be expected to drag my battered bruised buttocks out of there most ricky tick with the expectation that I not be invited back.

So what is the difference between this situation and the OP's position, and the sworn duty of the LEO? Humm?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I was driving my rig on US 131 last night just south of Schoolcraft, MI and a pickup pulled out in front of me. Fast slow and all over the road. Called 911 and gave them the location and description of the vehicle. The guy was flying. I couldn't keep a somewhat close tail because I had to stop at the RR crossings (Hazmat) . By the time I got to the north side of town, local PD had him pulled over and cuffed! I talked to the officer later that night while I was delivering in Schoolcraft and he said the guy had run over a curb while he was being pulled over and blew a .27! He qualifies for the "Super drunk driving" penalties.

Good job! Thank you for being willing to get involved. :yesway:

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Probably not, most drunks make it home without being caught or killing anyone

It only takes once!!!! :xmad:

My brother was killed by a drunk driver, and left in the road for me to find on my way home.

Getting home OK, does not excuse the irresponsibility, and recklessness of it.

It is a lot like pointing a loaded weapon at someone, and saying it is ok, because it did not go off this time, and I did not get caught.

It sure would have been nice to have had this driver pulled over and arrested about a mile before he did anything wrong, killed someone, or "Made it home OK"

Do not know if you are jerking peoples chains, or you really feel that it is OK to drive drunk, unless you kill someone, but some of us have pretty strong opinions on the subject!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How would you respond if you were at the range when I showed up and started reloading on the bench behind your back while you were shooting? Or if I muzzle swept you while talking to one of my buddies?

Sure these things are in violation of range rules, but I haven't shot anyone yet. And technically I haven't broken any laws, surely reasonable people would agree that I presented a risk to all in attendance.

My guess is that you would probably bunny hop over and offer a provide me with a vigorous a$$ whoppin:abused:. In addition I think that you would report me to a range officer expecting that he/she would do the same. At that point I would be expected to drag my battered bruised buttocks out of there most ricky tick with the expectation that I not be invited back.

So what is the difference between this situation and the OP's position, and the sworn duty of the LEO? Humm?

What he said.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    It only takes once!!!! :xmad:

My brother was killed by a drunk driver, and left in the road for me to find on my way home.

Getting home OK, does not excuse the irresponsibility, and recklessness of it.

It is a lot like pointing a loaded weapon at someone, and saying it is ok, because it did not go off this time, and I did not get caught.

It sure would have been nice to have had this driver pulled over and arrested about a mile before he did anything wrong, killed someone, or "Made it home OK"

Do not know if you are jerking peoples chains, or you really feel that it is OK to drive drunk, unless you kill someone, but some of us have pretty strong opinions on the subject!

Sorry for your loss. Most of those that think of DUI as a "victimless crime" have never lost a loved one or seen the results of a crash up close.

Top Bottom