got my first Glock 19 gen 3 lastnight!! any tips?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Bloomington area
    Yes I try to practice in the worse conditions to be ready for anything.
    I practice hand-to-hand combat in low light conditions too, sometimes even with no light at all.
    You can also use those techniques during the day too, if you can no longer use your eyes.
    Someone sprayed you in the face with pepper spray for example. :dunno:

You can still "feel and shoot" your attacker.
    very very nice!! before i went out i was doing mma training for about 11 months and man did i ever learn alot of good stuff from that!! i learned more hand to hand from that then i ever did in the military.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    so does everyone here agree that glock 19 is the best 9mm out there?

That is one of the best in my opinion.I wouldn't let it go.

Sure the Glock 26 and 17 are nice too. :D
    But with the 19 you get the compactness of the 26 plus the full size of the 17, best of both worlds.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    so whats the best then?

There is no such thing as "THE best".
    It all depends what you want to do with the gun.
    Do you want the smallest and lightest gun possible for deep concealed carry, do you want a full size combat pistol with the largest capacity possible, etc ...
    It all depends what's your goal for the gun.

I would say the Glock 19 is one of the best 9mm pistols, just like the Sig 226, and a long list of other fine quality guns.

:twocents:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    so how do u guys feel about the laser grips?? to me they dont seem to bulky and u can use it or not??

Personally I like the crimson trace laser grips, just not enough to justify buying them for how much they are. If I could find a good used one for a decent price id jump on it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    so how do u guys feel about the laser grips?? to me they dont seem to bulky and u can use it or not??

For me it's not needed like I said already, it's more weight that is not needed on the gun, and it's money wasted that is not going to be used on training.
    Save the money and buy 500 rounds of ammo, and train, shoot the gun and see how you like it out of the box.

You said you havent shot it yet, I would do that best spending extra money on other things.

pate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Bloomington area
    For me it's not needed like I said already, it's more weight that is not needed on the gun, and it's money wasted that is not going to be used on training.
    Save the money and buy 500 rounds of ammo, and train, shoot the gun and see how you like it out of the box.

You said you havent shot it yet, I would do that best spending extra money on other things.
    im itching to shoot it dont get me wrong i just dont want to shoot it yet if im thinking of trading it for a M&P? i would rather offer up a brand new never fired glock for th one i really want? but then again in the back of my head im thinking this gun could really grow on me??? ahhhhhh what to do????? its just personally i really like the M&P????

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    im itching to shoot it dont get me wrong i just dont want to shoot it yet if im thinking of trading it for a M&P? i would rather offer up a brand new never fired glock for th one i really want? but then again in the back of my head im thinking this gun could really grow on me??? ahhhhhh what to do????? its just personally i really like the M&P????

I understand what you're saying, but the hit you'd take shooting it would be a small price to pay to confirm you are making the right decision.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Why did you buy it if you wanted another gun then? :dunno:

You can still give me the Glock if you dont want it, I take it free of charge if that can help you. ;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I understand what you're saying, but the hit you'd take shooting it would be a small price to pay to confirm you are making the right decision.

That's true, you would have to sell it as a used gun anyway.So you will lose money no matter if you shoot it or not.

pate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Bloomington area
    Why did you buy it if you wanted another gun then? :dunno:

You can still give me the Glock if you dont want it, I take it free of charge if that can help you. ;)
    trust me for what i paid for this glock brand new. there is no one here that would have passed it up no way no how. i dont care if u hate glocks u wouldnt pass up a deal like i got trust me!! i bought it because i figure i can trade it for the M&P i like or maybe just end up keeping it i dont know yet?

Top Bottom