• Status
    Not open for further replies.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Well, I'll take the story at face value and say...
    1- congrats on getting your gun back
    2- I hope you're doing well, living on your own, and in good mental and physical health
    3- If it wasn't a good time to buy (if you had to keep it a secret at the time of purchase), then why not just wait to buy it in the first place?
    TheXdm in 45 is a smooth shooting handgun. I've shot one with my buddy a handful of times and I can shoot it really well at 5, 10, and 20 yds.

The reason you're getting so much slack for the OP is the tone - it sounds immature. Not saying that you're immature, just the tone of the post (secret purchase, friend telling on you to your parents, didn't even buy ammo, etc.) I hope that's all resolved now and that you get to enjoy that handgun some more! Please be safe for yourself and those around you.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    also, after looking at the old threads... did he end up sending it through an FFL?
    I live in Michigan now and it's a bit annoying since the state has a handgun registry. For him to get it out of his name (on the MI side of things), I hope he sent it through FFL -- as that's the legal way, even though there's no state registry in IN.

Congrats again on getting in back

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I suppose I'm not very well versed on the OP's posting history to get the meaning of all the vague comments in the followup posts.:dunno:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I suppose I'm not very well versed on the OP's posting history to get the meaning of all the vague comments in the followup posts.:dunno:
    Did you read the links to other ingo threads?

Reading them gave me what I think is a much better understanding of the situation. Even with the provided links I am still very confused about the entire situation. It is all quite unusual, I just hope the OP is in a good mental place and has as much training as he can obtain.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh man not another one of these.......:faint:

Fellas, keep it real please.

These topics remind me of that old joke where the guy goes hunting, gets molested by a black bear, then goes back for revenge and gets molested by grizzly bear, then goes back for revenge and before the polar bear molests him, he says, "You're not really here for the hunting, are you."

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Wouldn't it be wrong for a priest to tell someone else what they had told him? Being out for four years does that mean incarceration or in mental care?
    if it was BS why not call someone out for saying it?

If Catholic, that would be considered breaking the "seal" of the Confessional and a big no no on the priest's side...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    So back in 2011 I went to gander mountain and bought the new Springfield armor xdm45, filled out the paperwork legally and paid cash, but my joy was cut short by my brother in law who told my parents at the time who I was living still with, I was 25 and living in Michigan, his reason for telling was cause it was his job as a priest cause he thought I was upset or some other bs reason, yeah I went to a conceal carry class for 8hrs cause I was upset. So my mom yelled at the gun guy at gander mountain and I ended up giving it to a friend who kept it in the box from day 1, and as of last Wednesday sent it back to me. So I got my gun back and can't wait to carry it

Best part right here, surprised no-one mentioned it yet

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh...IDK. Is there anything else you wanna tell us about OP? We're here to listen.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    1412F2CB-7EB8-4FFA-9478-0A06BCC0AA98_zpsmorsbxdn.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom