Got the brown county sherrifs department called on me.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    My dads friend who lives five minutes away offered to let me shoot on his property after the incident. He actually has flat land and no whiny neighbors.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Several years ago the wife and I were shooting at my grandmothers land. She has 80 acres, the backstop is a thick woods and we were shooting down into a creek that runs through the property. Anyway, after about 20 mins of shooting we see a Conservation officer slowly roll by. He didn't stop because we had already stopped shooting and the kids were out playing by then. I am sure someone called!

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    UPDATE: My dad went and spoke to one of the Sheriffs that he's more familiar with about me shooting on his property. The Sheriffs reply was that as long as we were shooting safely that there was nothing anyone could really do about it. He did however say that a call in to dispatch would be appreciated in the future, as to save them a trip up the hill.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    UPDATE: My dad went and spoke to one of the Sheriffs that he's more familiar with about me shooting on his property. The Sheriffs reply was that as long as we were shooting safely that there was nothing anyone could really do about it. He did however say that a call in to dispatch would be appreciated in the future, as to save them a trip up the hill.

And that's how things are done. +1 to your dad, and rep for you. :yesway:

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Woohoo!!! Good for you! I had a similar situation while visiting my dad in Oklahoma a year or so ago. Seems they have a new "neighbor", city chick that wants to get back to her roots. Anyhow, the GF and I are out back at his pond shooting turtles with various pieces of the arsenal and the city chick sends the help over to talk to dad. The help being another old farmer that the city chick is taggin' along thinking he's gonna get some of "it". Never mind that we are shooting 180 degrees from the city chicks place from the top of a hill almost 75 or so degrees down into the water in an area the locals call "the bowl" due to the terrain. Anyway the help tells pop how city chick is scared to death that she's going to get hit by an errant round and with her being from the city she doesn't appreciate the gunfire.

Pop tells the help to go pound sand but in deference to the fact he has to live with these idiots I grudgingly put the toys away.

Footnote to the story is that the help never got any of "it", city chick pissed off ALL the neighbors, put her place up for sale and moved back to Dallas.

Once again, no turtle is safe in dads' pond!:rockwoot:
    Go to an Indian Pow wow, and see how much turtle shells go for. Give them to me, :)

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm actually looking forward to heading back down there now, and I now have the departments number programed into my phone. +1 for understanding LEO's

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Go to an Indian Pow wow, and see how much turtle shells go for. Give them to me, :)

I was the only white boy at a "stomp dance", one time, now I know how custer felt.:laugh:

Don't know where the term came from but from what I saw of it, this particular event was a WHOLE bunch of drunk Indians, thank goodness my then GF went to school with most of them.

You wouldn't want any of dads' turtles though, all softshell snappers.

Top Bottom