• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was going through the safe and realized I dont own a full sized 9mm!:eek: :facepalm:

How could I have overlooked that?

Anyway, now I want one. But what should I get?

Im normally a Sig guy and a P226 Combat with a threaded barrel would be sweet! But its slow season and Christmas shopping has put a dent in my budget also. So probably not.... But maybe a regular P226.

I already have mags and a holster for a Glock 17 to go with my G19 so that would be an easy pick up and go package. But what Gen should I get? 3rd or 4th?

I dont know why but a Beretta M9 is stuck in my head. I like my buddy's Beretta but Im not sure I want to get one.

CZs are always nice and Im still kicking myself for passing on the SP01 I had the chance to buy.

So what do you guys think?

Sig P226 9mm

Glock Gen3 17

Glock Gen4 17

Beretta M9

CZ SP01

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    I had a Glock 26, granted its a compact, I loved the way it shot. But i am a strange man. I honestly prefer a Beretta over a Glock. I think it's a styling thing to me. I personally think the Berettas are nice guns, I have shot the famous 92. Honestly I think I like it more than a Glock. I've never shot the M9 though.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have shot the famous 92. Honestly I think I like it more than a Glock. I've never shot the M9 though.

The M9 and the 92 are very similar. Infact im not sure I know enough about Beretta to attempt to note the slight differences. To the common observer(atleast to me anyway) there are none. I know that much.

Thats part of the reason Im not sure I want to get a Beretta. It would be a whole new platform for me to learn how to shoot well. not to mention a whole bunch more accesories Id have to pick up. My Buddy is in the USAF and he bought an M9 to practice with. Ive shot it but not much.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    MK25 or Tacops ... you know that Sig won't treat you wrong!

Still to pricey for now, Maybe a new Sig is in the cards for next year

If you want to try a XDm let me know.

Ill have to take you up on that sometime. Ive never shot an XDm.

Glock 17 as the default, however, i've really been thinking about an M&P 9, the ergonomics are fantastic.

I had an M&P, I sold it to buy my EXO Glock 19. Call me crazy but I like the Glock ergos better than the M&P. Just personal preference.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I love SIG's, Glock's are good. The CZ SP01 is nice (I think under rated) that has a following in IPSC. One not mentioned that I have to suggest the S&W M&P 9. As far as price and value it's a toss up between the Glocks and S&W M&P's. They both function pretty much the same with a few minor differences. I personally like the grip and feel of the M&P over the Glock.

I wouldn't recommend the Beretta. It's an ok system but big and I saw a lot of them with more broken locking blocks and trigger return springs than they should have in my days as a USAF CATM troop.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    the CZ-75 would get my vote.

I own (or have owned) Glocks, Sigs, Berettas, H&Ks and I have come to the conclusion that I prefer CZ's over all of the aforementioned brands.

For me the CZ-75 is the most accurate, reliable, and ergonomic gun on the market (OK, to be fair all of my guns are reliable and most are more accurate than I am, but I still prefer the CZ :D).

My CZ-75 Retro with 25yd target (after its trip home from the CZ Custom Shop).
    DSCF4416.jpg

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    CZ 75 would be my pick, then the Sig and Beretta 3rd. I have several CZs and Sigs and they are wonderful pistols to shoot and maintain. Have had Berettas and Glocks but they just never tripped my trigger, although they are good tools. :twocents:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    . One not mentioned that I have to suggest the S&W M&P 9.

I omitted the M&P for a reason. I had one I prefer Glocks. :dunno:

I wouldn't recommend the Beretta. It's an ok system but big and I saw a lot of them with more broken locking blocks and trigger return springs than they should have in my days as a USAF CATM troop.

Thats another thing about the Beretta that Ive heard that kinda makes me not want one.

the CZ-75 would get my vote.

DSCF4416.jpg

Geeze, there just is no other gun that looks so classically beautifull as a CZ75 IMHO. :drool:

Except a well done classic 1911 that is.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    You can't possibly go wrong with the Sig 226. But if you can't swing it with $$$ try a Beretta 92 FS. I've got one in Stainless made in Italy and it shoots great, is very easy to clean and is a hoot to shoot at the range. Lots of good choices. Best of luck!

Top Bottom