• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    They did not want to cooperate last night. We hit quite a few spots and couldn't get a reply on any of them. We went to one spot, and my partner and I walked right by one without realizing it. KJQ saw it. We called for quite a while and he wouldn't come close enough. There ended up being a second one that came out and the two started playing grab ass in the middle of the field.

Now I'm working on convincing my wife that I need night vision so I can scan easier when we're walking in. :):

It was a great night, and a lot of fun. It would have been nice if the yotes cooperated, but hey, that's hunting. Thanks for letting me tag along. :thumbsup:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    They did not want to cooperate last night. We hit quite a few spots and couldn't get a reply on any of them. We went to one spot, and my partner and I walked right by one without realizing it. KJQ saw it. We called for quite a while and he wouldn't come close enough. There ended up being a second one that came out and the two started playing grab ass in the middle of the field.

Now I'm working on convincing my wife that I need night vision so I can scan easier when we're walking in. :):

I prefer this, and its roughly the same money. When you get to the point of pulling the trigger, come out and get mine, or Ill mail you mine to play with for a while.

https://www.amazon.com/FLIR-Systems-III-640-Thermal-Detector/dp/B01B6N4EVK

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Or, I can wait until you get bored with it and buy it!

Not going to happen on that one. This is the 3rd, or 4th handheld thermal Ive owned. I kept trying to save money, and buy the cheaper one. I finally broke down, and bought this and said 1 word. DONE. I use it close to every day. It stays hanging on my back wall that overlooks a 100 acre field, and I stick my head out the door a few times a night.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You say that now... :stickpoke:

How will this compare to my IR Hunter? Obviously, I don't need something as good, but will I be able to detect at decent distances? Can it be helmet mounted? I saw a couple pictures where they are, but it's upside-down. Does the picture flip?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Oh, I know what you can do! You can get the REAP IR and then tell my wife how good it is. Then she'll be more likely to let me get it.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    You say that now... :stickpoke:

How will this compare to my IR Hunter? Obviously, I don't need something as good, but will I be able to detect at decent distances? Can it be helmet mounted? I saw a couple pictures where they are, but it's upside-down. Does the picture flip?

Its not going to be as good, but you will detect yotes at 700 yds, and Identify at 500 yards, so its plenty good enough. Ive never looked into the helmet mount. I personally would not want it mounted because I think it would snag on every piece of brush. I scan fields before moving to calling location, start calling, and use it to scan with (safer, and easier than pointing a rifle at the guy how just walked out into the field). When I see something come out and know its not a person I immediately transition to rifle, and the IR hunter takes care of the rest.

Its also nice if a buddy tags along who doesnt have thermal, he can use it to scan, and not be using a spotlight in the field we are calling in.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Oh, I know what you can do! You can get the REAP IR and then tell my wife how good it is. Then she'll be more likely to let me get it.

Im here to help. Besides you need to buy something else from me. The blame for that Rectec grill I just bought falls directly on your shoulders my friend.

Top Bottom