• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    but terrorists are high priority targets and we the people will do anything to counter the threat

The authorities knew who they were looking for so why were people stopped and searched on the street who were obviously not the suspects? All the while, here at home across the nation, we're made to watch the non stop flashing lights, police presence in the streets and the reporters grasping for something new to report on.

If our gov doesn't want the citizens to be fearful of terror, then they should do their job and let the citizens across the nation carry on with their normal activities while they take care of finding two guys that committed a crime. Everyone was told to stay inside, except for reporters of course. Even so, there was an instance of a reporter being forced to the ground and searched.

My heart goes out to victims of all crimes, but this was a dog and pony show. For the citizens of this country and people of other countries to let them know that we will not put up with terrorists.

What irritates me is that they'll go this distance for two criminals and shut down an entire town to prove a point, while entire populations of violent criminals exist in Detroit and Chicago that kill hundreds every year.

I will agree with this and add the further mission accomplished of conditioning people to lie down for the treatment they were given, particularly in terms of unconstitutional searches and demands placed on them. The police state is closer every day!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Stop, ID, & Frisk

Here's an account from a resident about being stopped and searched at gunpoint for walking around.

Column: Waiting and watching the Watertown lockdown
    A few hours later, as I walked to the Watertown Mall parking lot where authorities were updating the media, I was stopped by two policemen. One had his gun drawn and it was pointing in my direction. After patting me down and checking my ID, one of the officers explained why he had stopped me. I understood, and told him I was relieved that they were here. It would have been far worse, given the circumstances, to be walking down that street completely alone with a suspected terrorist on the loose.

Later on down the road I was stopped again. This time there was no gun.

Top Bottom