• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    He was in state legislature and voted to increase the state portion of the gas tax. There is a state as well as federal aspect to gas tax.

I know this. That is what I was asking for clarification on.

The discussion had been about his record as a Senator. I was asking if he was referring to the tax being increased in Indiana. That was the doing of our wonderful Republican caucus.

Guns&engines

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    Braun is a hard no for me down here in southern Indiana due to his involvement and support for the mid-states corridor project. I'm not yet sure who will get my vote.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    After looking into all of these candidates for Governor none of them excite me one bit. Once again the Republican Party manages to put forth candidates that are meh.... just like on the national level

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    After looking into all of these candidates for Governor none of them excite me one bit. Once again the Republican Party manages to put forth candidates that are meh.... just like on the national level
    Why did the republican party fail you? Did you recruit any candidates that excite you? Did you gather signatures for them? Did you donate to their campaign?

The party is not them, it is us, it all comes down to what did we do, those candidates you find meh, well someone recruited, worked for, and funded them and sure as heck not a few months ago. Some of these candidates have been on this track for years. We need to beat them to get candidates that are not meh…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I get and agree what you are saying. I often word it as... I am expected to live within my means and I expect the government to do the same. I can't go to a boss and demand a pay raise because I want to do more or have better quality in my real life. The point I was making is that there is a burden, it puts that burden on the more wealthy. But I think you knew that already.
    I wasn’t necessarily disagreeing completely with what you said or picking some internet nit but I moreso used your post to drive home my point.

I used to be on the bandwagon of eliminating any tax we could get some set of politicians to eliminate. I’d support any tax reduction…and a still do. But when it finally dawned on me they weren’t going go spend less, no matter which tax they reduced, I decided that all calls for tax reduction/elimination is nothing but a gimmick unless there’s also a plan for real spending cuts. I rarely ever see anyone propose eliminating programs and spending—they argue over making if fairer or “more equitable”.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I rarely ever see anyone propose eliminating programs and spending—they argue over making if fairer or “more equitable”.
    And you likely never will see it from any candidate with a chance of winning. It isn't the candidates fault. It is a “the people” fault. The politicians are a symptom of the problem of the people. Until the people get over their meth level addiction to government largesse no candidate that generally supports conservative ideals has a chance in hell to get votes except from the few like you and I.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That commercial stating he supports BLM is a nasty commercial for him.
    That hack job - and do mean hack job of splicing sound bites together, totally put me off of Doden.

Braun wants to bow down before Trump, so he's out.

Hill's record with the ladies makes Billy Dee Williams blush, so he's out.

I guess it's Crouch or Chambers for me.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom