• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Some of you have probably missed this so I'll post it again. The .32 in a snubby isn't a horrible choice for SD. The full wadcutters did surprisingly decent.

Excellent vid on the .32's Mr. BT. I checked out some of his other vids, and subscribed. One in particular talked about the effectiveness of bigger calibers vs. smaller calibers. Made a lot of sense. I love to listen to actual experts when it comes to this age-old argument. I believe it was this one:

[video=youtube;T6kUvi72s0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y[/video]

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've had several Ruger GP100's in .357 magnum, with the 4" being a favorite carry gun and the 5" being a favorite woods gun.
    I prefer the 5" in the woods, even over a 6", as the 5" has a better fit / feel / balance to it and is quicker to bring ready to use.
    I haven't really even experienced a felt difference in performance other than to be more accurate with the 5" barreled GP100.
    The .327 cartridge does sound like a hoot-to-shoot and have considered it myself...but would probably go with a 6-shot, SP101 3"?

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    327 henry

PnJ5C8Q.jpg

Here is my henry 327, topped with a malcom scope.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Hey Everybody...I currently have and reload for a Single-Six in .32 H&R which I enjoy very much. I am interested in a double-action revolver in the .327 Federal for a different experience but still allowing for the lesser rounds to be used. Can anyone comment on the GP100 in the .327 chambering? This will be a "fun gun" for me (steel out to 100yds) with maybe some small game hunting tossed into the mix so thinking about the 6" barreled version. Looking forward to you comments...Thanks!

Can't help on the GP100 side. I have the Single Seven (4.5"), SP101 (3"), Taurus M327 (1.82"), and the Henry .327 in steel. I reload the 327, from mild to wild.

My favorite is the Single Seven, Sweetie uses the Taurus with laser grip, and the SP101 is used when I help a new shooter.

Shorter rounds can foul the cylinder, making extraction difficult when you use the longer rounds. If you shoot all the calibers in one session, make sure you start with the long ones FIRST, and work you way down.

Get one, then get more!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    If I was going to buy an sp101 in 327, I'd probably opt for the 4" version, for a little more weight and velocity. When I bought the 3", the 4" had not been offered yet. I did put the Hogue grips on mine, and it helps with full power loads. 32 H&R is pretty mild, while still pushing 85 or 90 grain rounds to 900 fps or so. I wouldn't feel defenseless with it, if it came to that.

i so badly wanted an sp101..

...until I dry fired it. That trigger needs work just to get to mediocre.

otherwise, it’s about perfect.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Recoil with the full power 327's are a good amount less than 357's. At least in the LCR.

I'd bet they'd be even lighter with the full steel gun.

Are you referring to a "Ruger LCR"?
    I thought the Ruger LCR was only 380.
    It is a small pocket gun.
    I had one.
    I did not like it.
    It was to small for my likings.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Paging Mgderf... red phone for Mr. Derf... Mr. Derf?

Hello,
    My name is Derf, and I'm into the .327fedmag round.

My love for this cartridge started with a Taurus (model 85 size) .327 2" snub nose in stainless.
    Next was my Henry steel carbine, and then another Henry steel carbine, and then the SP101 4" stainless .327fedmag.

I am simply enamored with this cartridge. I can't tell you why, I just am.
    I've taught a few new shooters with the SP101.
    With .32S&W long coming out of that 4" barrel, it's a natural progression from the .22lr.
    Closer to a cap gun really.

I really like the fact that they fire so many different cartridges.
    Even my Henry seems to feed and fire the .32S&W longs without issue.
    I haven't tried plan .32S&W, but I would guess the short round would be problematic in the rifle's lifter.
    Still, if needed, they could be hand-fed into the chamber and fire just fine.

I like the smaller platform the SP101 offers over the GP100for .327.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Just curious, did you change out the grips on your SP101? Those slim OEM grips look like it'd be a handful with full power loads.

On my SP101's, I tend to run the Hogue Rubber grips...which fit my smaller hands just perfect! To each their own, but that's what works for me!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    i so badly wanted an sp101...until I dry fired it. That trigger needs work just to get to mediocre, otherwise, it’s about perfect.

Most SP101's need some light trigger work (sanding, etc.) and a few need more! I've felt some SP101's triggers polished so buttery smooth that they made S&W's feel like they're rusted.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just curious, did you change out the grips on your SP101? Those slim OEM grips look like it'd be a handful with full power loads.

Yes, I did change out the grips for the Hogue grips.
    My trigger felt great when I first got it, but is much better after much repeated dry-firing.

PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    Hey Everyone...I've been away for a few days and was surprised to this thread grow as it has. I wasn't expecting all the love for the .32 family. I had my Single-Six out yesterday with my daughter and we (I really mean she) was tagging a steel 6" spinner at 35yds with just about every shot. We were shooting .32H&R handloads, 98gr swc over trailboss. Light shooting and plenty accurate for us. Keep the comments coming, particularly regarding the 327 GP100. Thinking hard on tracking one down just for the fun factor.
    Thanks!

Top Bottom